Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Alan Godfrey case.

Third stone from the Sun, Old Country, the land of Saints, Navigators and Poets.
    I've asked three questions.
    1) How many people are involved ?
    2) How can they be kept loyal and silent ?
    3) Why this technology must be kept secret ?

This
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy987 View Post
    Unless they've actually got the AGPS with them, they won't be believed. They'll be ridiculed.
    is not an answer. To any of them.
    Eppur si muove....

This works
    This DOESN'T work...

Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
    ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

Ye were not form’d to live the life of brutes,
    But virtue to pursue and knowledge high.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    Evidence would change all that.
    Apart from presenting the actual propulsion system, what standard of evidence would suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by UntrainedObserver View Post
    I've asked three questions.
    1) How many people are involved ?
    2) How can they be kept loyal and silent ?

This

is not an answer. To any of them.
    1. Less than 1000
    2. Official secrets act
    3. I was the height of the Cold War.

Jonesy987, do you have any actual evidence of an actual conspiracy, other than your speculations of what could be, and your interpretation of this particular incident? And yes, that is a direct question.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Apart from presenting the actual propulsion system...
    If the claim is that it exists, then why is it an impossible request to produce it.
    Last edited by R.A.F.; 2017-Jul-15 at 12:15 AM.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Third stone from the Sun, Old Country, the land of Saints, Navigators and Poets.
    1. Less than 1000
    Less than 1000 is not a number. Apart from that, it's still an awful lot of people...

2. Official secrets act
    Wikileaks. 'Nuff said.

3. I was the height of the Cold War.
    One reason more to share this tech....
    Eppur si muove....

This works
    This DOESN'T work...

Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
    ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

Ye were not form’d to live the life of brutes,
    But virtue to pursue and knowledge high.

Quote Originally Posted by UntrainedObserver View Post
    3. I(t) was (at) the height of the Cold War.

If I may, I think the question is, why must it still be kept secret.

With a true anti-grav drive, not only would we have bases on Mars, but the recent flyby of Pluto, could have been a manned landing on Pluto.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Where did you get the 'saucer' idea that you referenced in post #55 ? Godfrey didn't draw a saucer nor did he mention a saucer.
    His drawing sure looks like a saucer to me. In fact, it looks suspiciously like the 'Futuro House', which was a local landmark in Todmorden a few years earlier. Here it is being transported through the streets of Todmorden in 1971. Something tells me that these two events are connected, if only as a subconscious memory in Godfrey's mind.

OMG...it's "my" fat saucer in reality!!

Quote Originally Posted by eburacum45 View Post
    His drawing sure looks like a saucer to me.
    And what's the figure on the right? Looks not like any military personnel. Looks like the usual alien (maybe with a beard?). Do we have the pilots of this super-duper technology (magical anti-gravity) craft dressing up in Halloween costumes ?

However here is some science on the "half-life" of conspiracies: On the Viability of Conspiratorial Beliefs
    Discussion
    The analysis here predicts that even with parameter estimates favourable to conspiratorial leanings that the conspiracies analysed tend rapidly towards collapse. Even if there was a concerted effort, the sheer number of people required for the sheer scale of hypothetical scientific deceptions would inextricably undermine these nascent conspiracies. For a conspiracy of even only a few thousand actors, intrinsic failure would arise within decades. For hundreds of thousands, such failure would be assured within less than half a decade. It’s also important to note that this analysis deals solely with intrinsic failure, or the odds of a conspiracy being exposed intentionally or accidentally by actors involved—extrinsic analysis by non-participants would also increase the odds of detection, rendering such Byzantine cover-ups far more likely to fail. Moreover, the number of actors in this analysis as outlined in Table 2 represent an incredibly conservative estimate. A more comprehensive quantification would undoubtedly drive failure rate up for all considered conspiracy narratives.
    Last edited by Reality Check; 2017-Jul-16 at 11:45 PM.

Oh, my goodness. If somehow by chance that object came into my possession for just 24 hours, I am not sure my inner child could resist hiring a crane and lighting that thing up like a Christmas tree off a deserted road late at night (with a theramin running through some strategically placed speakers....)!

If I were to see this on a deserted road, and it was lit properly, I'd would be unable not to think that this was an actual craft of some sort.
    Last edited by R.A.F.; 2017-Jul-17 at 12:58 PM. Reason: too many "thinks"

I find it amusing how conspiracy advocates unfailingly promote the ideology that their extraordinary claims can easily be kept secret by the powers that be. They rely heavily on the "compartmentalization" aspect, and frequently refer to the "Manhattan Project".

Yet, a little research finds this - http://io9.gizmodo.com/secrets-of-th...eri-1626524763, which is an article titled "Secrets of the Manhattan Project Leaked 1500 Times During World War II", and explains some of the difficulty involved with keeping such a thing secret.

Obviously, the ability to contain such secrets is quite the opposite of the conspiracy theorists' claims (although to be fair, the article does go on to explain there were 1500 "investigations", and not all of them were actual leaks).

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    OMG...it's "my" fat saucer in reality!!
    Should have had a partial tarp on it to really get folks talking.