Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salvation [spoilers]

I'm sorry to say I'm profoundly disappointed in the show. The plots hover over Unrealistic and Predictable. The science and technology as depicted are inaccurate at best and implausible. I'm not caught up to the current episode yet, but there'll really have to be nothing better to watch or do at this point before I pick it up again.

CJSF
    "A scientific theory
    Isn't just a hunch or guess
    It's more like a question
    That's been put through a lot of tests
    And when a theory emerges
    Consistent with the facts
    The proof is with science
    The truth is with science"
    -They Might Be Giants, "Science Is Real"

lonelybirder.org

I'm recording the show but have decided to delete them all except for the final episode.

I'm starting getting annoyed now, a coupe to out the president, a hacker group and the worst of all wormwood,
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

The final episode should be right around the corner, I'm rooting for the asteroid.

hopefully just a small piece will break off and hit Washington and leave the rest of the world alone.
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    The final episode should be right around the corner, I'm rooting for the asteroid.
    Yeah, I'm rooting for the asteroid too. I've lost interest in this show. It could have been good, but instead they give us stupid love stories and stupid politics. I'm watching it to the end only to see how they finish it. I know nothing about it's ratings, but I doubt that we will see a Season Two.

Looks tonight is the last episode of salvation. I blame the writers.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

I've skipped the last 3 or 4 episodes, will record this last one for posterity.

Darn it, now I want see season 2 see what the solution is, if they kept most of the political stuff out it probably would of been an all right show.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

I fast forwarded to the end of this last episode just to see the outcome. Like other summer filler shows that leave the viewers with a cliffhanger it's doubtful that this one gets renewed for a real conclusion.

I couldn't get past the second episode. Ugh... Nothing was good about the show. Well, ok... I guess I couldn't see any boom mikes in the shots, so there's that.

Oh well, what a disappointment. I was hoping for the asteroid to get close to impacting and the big spaceship taking off... As stupid as the politics and decision making was on this show; the Earth deserved an extinction event. The ending was lame.

And it has a second season.

CBS has given a 13-episode second-season pickup to suspense thriller Salvation to air in summer 2018.
    http://deadline.com/2017/10/salvatio...**-1202190972/
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Thx for the update Jim, I'll set my DVR to record the 13th episode....and maybe the 12th ;-)

I have not plans to further watch the show from where I left it, but am/was I right in that the Atlas project was something fake-Musk-character (I already forgot his name) developed that moved the asteroid into it's collision course in the first place (either by "hackers" or by accident)?

CJSF
    "A scientific theory
    Isn't just a hunch or guess
    It's more like a question
    That's been put through a lot of tests
    And when a theory emerges
    Consistent with the facts
    The proof is with science
    The truth is with science"
    -They Might Be Giants, "Science Is Real"

lonelybirder.org