Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Marketing Spin

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    The problem with my car is, there's a loose nut behind the wheel.
    That is just not your car.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    That is just not your car.
    Then just whose car is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

I just saw a TV commercial for a lawyer. In it, he points at the camera and says, “Your case starts the moment we pick up the phone.”

I believe that translates to: “We begin billing the moment we pick up the phone.”
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Or perhaps: "as soon as you get to deal with us, you'll want to sue us."
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

Adding salt to prepared food is bad, but marketing folks have somehow convinced consumers that sea salt is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    Adding salt to prepared food is bad, but marketing folks have somehow convinced consumers that sea salt is good.
    Though you need some salt. Sometimes I find when they reduce sugar or salt that the item no longer is worth buying. Sure, you can add it back, but it is a pain, getting the right amount is tricky and can take time to work into some foods.

Then there is “No GMOs” and “organic”. I couldn’t care less about either of these, but I have noticed that items that list these tend to be a bit higher quality (more meat, for example, where many products have microscopic meat particles) with price to match (apparently they figure the consumers that do care are willing to pay more and give them a reason to keep buying. So I sometimes buy these items because they taste better, not because of the labels.

Oh, and “New improved recipe.” I’ve had a number of times where I bought an old favorite and found it tasted bland or just not good, then looking at the package I found it was “improved.” Typically, that would be the last time I bought it.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

But none of that top's "gluten free". Which I once saw on a display of bottled water.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Which is technically correct. Though I assume that people who need that warning message on a water bottle, have greater issues to worry about than their gluten intolerance.

I just saw a TV commercial for a local roofing company. It claimed that every roof they ever installed is still under warranty.

That’s one way to spin the fact that they haven’t been in business as long as their competitors.

You don't know that. I mean, perhaps they've been in business for a long time but their roofs are so subpar that they had to give extended warranty on repairs on all their roofs...