Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Song Stuck in Your Head Thread!

The Song Stuck in Your Head Thread!

This happens to me all the time. I get a song stuck in my head and I can't get it out. I am a notoriously bad singer. People move away from my singing, even in church. I'm hoping that talking about songs will make them go away.

This morning's in brain performance is by the cast of Hamilton and the name of the the song is The Schuyler Sisters.

Today, I know the name. Sometimes I don't. If your in-brain entertainment does not come with a title and lyric sheet, perhaps we can all help you track the song down.
    Solfe

Just seeing the thread title has put "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" into my head. It'll be there the rest of the day.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I've had "Heart of Courage" by Two Steps From Hell stuck in my head for a few days.
    This is because my wife is preparing an AV presentation of Easter Island photographs, and is using that tune for the score. She's been matching image transitions to music transitions for the last three days, so I get to hear snatches of the music about forty times a day.
    In idle moments I find myself singing "Da-da-dee-da, da-da-DOO-dah" over and over again.

Grant Hutchison

Skyrim's theme. I watched several artist's versions and like them all. The result seems to be indelible.
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.

I only get silly songs stuck in my head. Right now it's "Year 3000" by Busted (yes Busted, not the Jonas Brothers)

It's just so danged catchy!
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Skyrim's theme. I watched several artist's versions and like them all. The result seems to be indelible.
    Jeremy Soule is one of the greatest composers working today.

I think, anyway.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

What tune do you mean? I find all sorts of things out there with the "Skyrim" label.

(I'm guessing it's pronounced Sky-rim? I initially read it as Skyr-im - Icelandic yogurt with a Hebrew plural ending.)

Grant Hutchison

His Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) song caused me this week to find info on this writer. He seems to be regarded as the John Williams of video games, which may not be too far off.
    Last edited by George; 2018-Jan-13 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    What tune do you mean? I find all sorts of things out there with the "Skyrim" label.

(I'm guessing it's pronounced Sky-rim? I initially read it as Skyr-im - Icelandic yogurt with a Hebrew plural ending.)
    Leah does this elegant version with nice dynamics.
    Sabrina and the Swedish Radio Symphony have this classy one.
    Here Lindsey Sterling joins a powerful 120 track acapela rendition, but they add some humor by playing the roles including even a brief health meter display.

[Added: Like cellos? Tina Guo ]
    Last edited by George; 2018-Jan-13 at 06:20 PM.

His Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) song caused me this week to find info on this writer. He seems to be regarded as the John Williams of video games, which may not be too far off.
    That's a bit of a false analogy. Soule doesn't really do the anthemic pieces that Williams is famous for. Koji Kondo or Nobuo Uematsu are better candidates for that title IMHO. Soule is more akin to atmospheric composers like Thomas Newman.

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxicality View Post
    I only get silly songs stuck in my head. Right now it's "Year 3000" by Busted (yes Busted, not the Jonas Brothers)

It's just so danged catchy!
    This doesn't work for the U.S., apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    This morning's in brain performance is by the cast of Hamilton and the name of the the song is The Schuyler Sisters.
    You must trick a lot of coffee to get that stuck. It is certainly likeible.

You must trick a lot of coffee to get that stuck. It is certainly likeible.
    I had a cup of coffee for breakfast, but obviously it didn't know what it was doing. So I sent a second down to check on it. The second cup was bit weak, so a third went down to make sure they all got the message.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    I had a cup of coffee for breakfast, but obviously it didn't know what it was doing. So I sent a second down to check on it. The second cup was bit weak, so a third went down to make sure they all got the message.
    You just reminded me I'm running a little low myself.

Last week it was the opening theme to "Catdog" a Nickelodeon kid's show my children used to watch that was stuck in my head.

Today it's "To Live and Die in LA" by Wangchung
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

This is very dumb, but at the moment... it's the song from this extremely-80s Australian commercial.

(Sparkly music! After-school-special-villain Americans! Training scenes that look like Rocky IV! The unintentional comedy is very strong.)
    Last edited by KaiYeves; 2018-Jan-15 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    This is very dumb, but at the moment... it's the song from this extremely-80s Australian commercial.

(Sparkly music! After-school-special-villain Americans! Training scenes that look like Rocky IV! The unintentional comedy is very strong.)
    I'm not so sure about the "unintentional" aspect, there.

Grant Hutchison

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Iím not kidding. I spent two weeks working in a Costco before Christmas and the store speakers were almost directly over my space. And the song keeps shifting between the Dean Martin and Bing Crosby versions.

Burl Ives brings up the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post
    Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
    An endearing tune from a cowboy that roped the right alliterations.

I seem to have a subconscious mental tune. The bank teller looked up at me and smiled and told me I was humming the Smurf tune. I had no idea I was doing so and have no idea where it came from. She said she would now be humming it too and for a while, but didn't quite thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post
    Last week it was the opening theme to "Catdog" a Nickelodeon kid's show my children used to watch that was stuck in my head.

Today it's "To Live and Die in LA" by Wangchung
    You evil, evil person. All I know in that song is, "Catdog, Catdog. Alone in the world is a little Catdog," and it gets stuck in that loop. I've managed to avoid it for years until now. I hope your socks fall down in your shoes for the rest of the day. ��

At least it replaced Breathe from Prodigy, so at least there's that.

Any time they run a marathon of a kids' show, and you get to hear an opening theme song every half hour, all day, it's an invitation to madness.

If a song gets stuck in my head , I switch it to something I like, "Jethro Tull" ..'To Cry you a song'
    works very well. At night, "Golden Slumber" from Abbey Road works very well. Then I can sleep.
    Find something that works for you .

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    Any time they run a marathon of a kids' show, and you get to hear an opening theme song every half hour, all day, it's an invitation to madness.
    In High School, I was a stagehand controlling the spotlights for the last two dress rehearsals and then three performances of Guys and Dolls. It took me a long time to get the songs out of my head and I still know most of them by heart.

What bugs me is when a bad one sticks in my head. We once performed in a ceremony honoring the command sergeant major of our local command, and as a courtesy played "Sergeant Major March #1", which in my opinion was a lousy march but nevertheless had been adopted by the Army as the official march for honoring noncoms of that rank. For some reason that one stuck in my mind for weeks.

First movement of Beethovens 7th,
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

Ever since today's daily stand-up project meeting: Get up, stand up! Stand up for your right! Bob Marley. With several project related puns in said line.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Introduce Yourself by Faith No More - with the late Chuck Mosely.

Earlier today it was Beautiful Blue, by Mudcrutch

CJSF
    "Find a way to show what would happen
    If you were incorrect
    A fact is just a fantasy
    Unless it can be checked
    Make a test
    Test it out"
    -They Might Be Giants, "Put It To The Test"

lonelybirder.org

I heard "Cupid" by Sam Cooke on the radio- one of the all time greats. But that wasn't what got stuck in my head. What got stuck in my head was "Stupid Cupid" by Connie Francis. Sometimes I think my brain hates me.

Stephen Colbert.

The other day I got the Irish drinking song chorus form Whose Line stuck in my head
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by closetgeek View Post
    You evil, evil person. All I know in that song is, "Catdog, Catdog. Alone in the world is a little Catdog," and it gets stuck in that loop. I've managed to avoid it for years until now. I hope your socks fall down in your shoes for the rest of the day. ��

At least it replaced Breathe from Prodigy, so at least there's that.
    Arrgh! That's the loop!

Let me help you with the rest of that though. And if I'm not mistaken we can thank the band Primus for this tune. (They also did Wynonna and her big brown beaver.)

One fine day with a woof and a purr

a baby was born and it caused a little stir

no blue bug and no three-eyed frog just a feline canine little catdog

catdog, catdog

alone in the world was a little catdog

Anyway...I came to post because I had a dinner party for my family last Sunday and all my living relations south of the Oregon border showed up.

So I made two gallons of vegetable beef soup, enriched with marrow bones. That's always a crowd pleaser.

While I was cooking my youngest daughter asked me if I wanted to hear anything and I told them I had "To Live And Die In L.A." by Wangchung stuck in my head.

Neither her nor her new husband had even heard of it! (Say what?) None of the twenties somethings had heard of it!

After it was over Boo said, "Okay, I can see how that song could get stuck in your head!"
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)