Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UFO's and Nukes, saved from ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hatch View Post
    To the several responses,
    You are correct in that I should not turn off my critical faculties. Yes, there are a lot of unreliable and frankly crazy testimonials out there. No I don't spend the time I should winnowing out the junk from the real.

But there is a reality here that includes "something" with a tech signature not of our manufacture. Why do YOU think governments around the world are releasing this stuff now? I think it's because the old guard is mostly dead and the fallout won't matter as much. Lots of mayhem, threats and outright murder(opinion) keeping the secret over the years..... Also the military industrial complex will use it to get more funding. I have spent countless hours over the years following this subject since I know it to have a basis in reality. I have a file on my desktop I call "proof". I should probably be pulling links out of that file instead of the few paltry links I post here in a heated rush..... Perhaps I will
    Honestly, there are so many unsupported assumptions in there that it's impossible to respond. All I know is that every time you do post something you seem to undermine your own case.

Grant Hutchison
    Science Denier and Government Sponsored Propagandist. Here to help.
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Honestly, there are so many unsupported assumptions in there that it's impossible to respond. All I know is that every time you do post something you seem to undermine your own case.

Grant Hutchison
    I'm starting to dig into my "proof" file... I'll add links as I find the time

https://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy...%20of%201/view

https://vault.fbi.gov/american-airli...-01-of-01/view

https://vault.fbi.gov/National%20Inv...%20%28NICAP%29

https://vault.fbi.gov/UFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8FGGqSW2XU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ergzkwCA1cQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-T4Aa4UPI8
    Last edited by Grant Hatch; 2021-Jul-28 at 08:45 PM.
    The timeless ends of formless starts....all ends in dark and begins in light...

You are correct in that I should not turn off my critical faculties. Yes, there are a lot of unreliable and frankly crazy testimonials out there. No I don't spend the time I should winnowing out the junk from the real.
    From my experience, it takes seconds to a few minutes with a google search to check the background of claims you have posted. It’s not a large time commitment.

But there is a reality here that includes "something" with a tech signature not of our manufacture. Why do YOU think governments around the world are releasing this stuff now?
    My natural reaction is to ask, “What stuff?” “What government releases?” ‘What “something” with a tech signature not of our manufacture’? I have no idea what you are referring to here. You’re making claims you haven’t established to be true and you’re asking a question that assumes things you haven’t established at all.

My hunch is if you provide examples of what you are referring to, they will have the same kinds of problems we’ve been seeing all along. I expect the claimed technology will either be something with a long pedigree, worked on for decades with well established scientific support, or will be some unestablished claim of implausible technology from a questionable source. Any “government releases” will be underwhelming at best. Can you show me to be wrong?

I think it's because the old guard is mostly dead and the fallout won't matter as much. Lots of mayhem, threats and outright murder(opinion) keeping the secret over the years..... Also the military industrial complex will use it to get more funding.
    And you assume all this is happening based on something that you haven’t established in the first place. This is why it is hard to take you seriously.

I have spent countless hours over the years following this subject since I know it to have a basis in reality. I have a file on my desktop I call "proof". I should probably be pulling links out of that file instead of the few paltry links I post here in a heated rush..... Perhaps I will
    Please, make your case with evidence you have checked and show that evidence. Please stop making claims you have no evidence for.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I'm starting to dig into my "proof" file... I'll add links as I find the time
    Perhaps you would also spend some time describing the content and directing our attention to the parts you consider particularly salient?
    Because I looked at the first three documents,and they don't seem to correspond to any usage of the word "proof" I'm aware of. And I clicked on the first YouTube link--I'm afraid I know Bob Dolan of old, and having read the deeply unimpressive book, I'm not going to watch the movie.

I'm sorry, but I therefore don't propose following any more of your links blindly, unless you take the time to summarize the content in a couple of sentences, and say why you think it's important.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

But there is a reality here that includes "something" with a tech signature not of our manufacture. Why do YOU think governments around the world are releasing this stuff now? I think it's because the old guard is mostly dead and the fallout won't matter as much. Lots of mayhem, threats and outright murder(opinion) keeping the secret over the years..... Also the military industrial complex will use it to get more funding. I have spent countless hours over the years following this subject since I know it to have a basis in reality. I have a file on my desktop I call "proof". I should probably be pulling links out of that file instead of the few paltry links I post here in a heated rush..... Perhaps I will
    There's too much there to unpack in one response, but mainly I have to ask why do you think what you experienced constitutes a techno signature. To me, the term implies something that can clearly and only be explained by a device or artificial circumstance.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Grant Hatch

That post is not acceptable. At least in your previous posts you made some small attempt to explain what the links were (though I did find your explanations lacking). But this is unacceptable. You will not post seven links with no explanation at all as to what is in them and who is creating the video or the website. We do not like blind links.

I expect that in your next post you republish those links, but with at least a sentence or two of explanation of each.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I'm done with this thread. Sorry, ran out of steam on this one.
    The timeless ends of formless starts....all ends in dark and begins in light...

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    And I clicked on the first YouTube link--I'm afraid I know Bob Dolan of old, and having read the deeply unimpressive book, I'm not going to watch the movie.
    Grant, would you be willing to give a quick rundown on the major issues you found? I’m not familiar with him, and found little in a web search. I see he writes books about UFOs, and that’s about all I have. I’m just curious in case his name comes up again.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Grant, would you be willing to give a quick rundown on the major issues you found? I’m not familiar with him, and found little in a web search. I see he writes books about UFOs, and that’s about all I have. I’m just curious in case his name comes up again.
    For some reason I keep thinking of him as "Bob", but his name is actually Richard. I don't where that comes from. Apologies if that threw off your web search.

I read both volumes of his UFOs And The National Security State some time ago, doing my usual thing of buying the volumes from a local charity shop and then returning them once read, which the staff seem to find hilarious, but it works for me.
    My notes say:
    Uncritical rehash of the usual stuff.
    Curious use of phrase "primary source", since much is lifted from other UFOlogy texts.
    Chains of assumption and speculation dressed up as logical argument.
    Mass media allegedly part of conspiracy to supress evidence--except when quoted as sources that suit author's thesis.
    He also seems to have read too much Victorian melodrama, since he seems to believe that people can be "driven mad" by exposure to forbidden knowledge--in this case, an ignorant and unpleasant speculation about the nature of James Forrestal's psychiatric illness.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

But there is a reality here that includes "something" with a tech signature not of our manufacture.
    What tech is that? What does our manufacturing signature look like? What does the manufacturing signature of this tech look like?

I'm done with this thread. Sorry, ran out of steam on this one.
    Since Grant Hatch has announced he is done with this thread, leaving unanswered various questions put to him (and specific moderator instructions from me not followed), I am closing this thread. I don't want it to attract either questions that will go unanswered (sorry stutefish), or CT advocates who should be starting their own threads.

Grant Hatch - you had your opportunity; do not bring up this topic again, without specific approval from a Moderator or Administrator.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules