Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Aldrin admits we never went to the Moon!!!

Buzz Aldrin admits we never went to the Moon!!!

Over the past couple of days, a video has surfaced which shows Buzz Aldrin admitting that we never went to the Moon.
    As the majority of members on this website have been telling the conspiracy believers for years that we were wrong, I would be interested to hear your feelings on this confession!

"We need to know why something stopped in the past, if we wanted to keep it going."

The keep it going part, is what didn't happen.

ETA: links to full video, https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bu...oon-admission/

1) Do we know it isn't a joke?

2) If it isn't a joke, does he have an explanation of all the other evidence? One man's confession doesn't outweigh it.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Okay, having watched the clip, you've misinterpreted it.

"Because we didn't" doesn't mean "we didn't go." It means "we didn't go back." Which, after Apollo, is inarguably true.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

<Sigh.>
    Is this how desperate Apollo hoax proponents are getting?
    All you need to do is listen to the question, and then you can understand the answer, which is about why we never went back.
    Snopes deals with it quite adequately: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bu...oon-admission/

Grant Hutchison

It should also be noted that the Hannity segment deceptively tacked onto the end of the video isnít in any way related to the purported Moon hoax.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

They reported, I decided, that it was a poor report.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    <Sigh.>
    Is this how desperate Apollo hoax proponents are getting?
    All you need to do is listen to the question, and then you can understand the answer, which is about why we never went back.
    Snopes deals with it quite adequately: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bu...oon-admission/

Grant Hutchison
    Glossed over quickly. Good catch Grant!

The hoax proponents have always used outtakes to show in an attempt to show a hoax. I remember a video where Alan Bean is asked about the VARB, and his answer was did we go through it? But that was an outtake discussing his Sky Lab mission. Hoaxies will do anything that is dishonest to "prove" their case.

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    I remember a video where Alan Bean is asked about the VARB, and his answer was did we go through it? But that was an outtake discussing his Sky Lab mission. Hoaxies will do anything that is dishonest to "prove" their case.
    I wonder if that is the video I saw where Mr Bean demonstrates he is utterly clueless about the VAB. One could reasonably expect an astronaut to have knowledge of such.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by gunzlepug View Post
    I wonder if that is the video I saw where Mr Bean demonstrates he is utterly clueless about the VAB. One could reasonably expect an astronaut to have knowledge of such.
    The version I've seen had cuts between pretty much every sentence. When something is that heavily edited, I hesitate to pronounce on cluelessness or otherwise. Maybe you could link to the version you saw?

Grant Hutchison

"Why has nobody been to the Moon in such a long time?"

Open and shut.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    The version I've seen had cuts between pretty much every sentence. When something is that heavily edited, I hesitate to pronounce on cluelessness or otherwise. Maybe you could link to the version you saw?

Grant Hutchison
    Agree. I've seen that clip. It reminded me of the Simpson's episode with the gummy bear & the babysitter.

People taking things out of context, for there own ends shocker.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

From Snopes: FALSE
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Couldn't comprehend 3rd grader's question, then couldn't understand an 88 year old man's answer to that question. Now wants to make a conspiracy out of not understanding basic English.

Now, I'm thinking this.
    Solfe

ToldYouSo appears to be serious (welcome to CQ ToldYouSo); let's knock off the funny or sarcastic comments.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

One could also reasonably ask why an astronaut would need to know anything about a feature of space which was known to be demonstrated to have no serious effect on him or on mission success, given he had huge amounts of stuff to learn about stuff that was very relevant to him and to mission success: how to operate the CSM systems, how to operate the LM, how to operate his spacesuit, space navigation, lunar navigation, deploying and operating scientific equipment on the Moon, and lunar geology...just to name a few.

Look at it this way: imagine you're going to go on a 600km/400 mile journey in a vehicle you've never driven before, with two toddlers and a baby in the back seat, and you have to take a very specific route to a very specific destination in a city you've never visited before. Do you think it's suspicious that you're not going to be taught anything about the venomous spiders that live in the forests through which your route passes?

Quote Originally Posted by ToldYouSo View Post
    Over the past couple of days, a video has surfaced which shows Buzz Aldrin admitting that we never went to the Moon.
    As the majority of members on this website have been telling the conspiracy believers for years that we were wrong, I would be interested to hear your feelings on this confession!

My bold. My feeling is that an 88-year-old man, for whom speech has apparently become physically difficult, had a momentary garble in an otherwise splendid series of answers to the little girl's questions. In my opinion it was pure cussedness on the part of the HBs to pounce on it and post a cherry-picked fragment of the whole video out of context, and that you are mistaken in interpreting it as a confession.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    "Why has nobody been to the Moon in such a long time?"

Open and shut.
    No program to accomplish that specific mission, no funding for that mission, no booster capable for that mission. Is that enough reasons for why we have not returned to the Moon?

Straight question, how does Alan demonstrate (that) he is utterly clueless about the VAB? Post a link to the video and then then answer that question.

Buzz Aldrin admits we never went to the Moon!!!

RE: Alan Bean. For reference, this got batted around a few years ago.

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthr...an-Allen-Belts

See post 46. Bean was aware of the VAB and even discussed it with Conrad and Gordon while serving as CapCom on Gemini 11 in 1968.

ETA: Beg pardon, they discussed radiation dosages but not the VAB specifically.

See the ground-to-air transcript at 43:18:01 and 57:31:10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by schlaugh; 2018-Jul-29 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Added "RE: Alan Bean"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    It means "we didn't go back." Which, after Apollo, is inarguably true.
    It seems there is a gap in the spectrum of conspiracy theories. I can't find any that argue there have been subsequent moon landings, but that they have been covered up.

Time to start a new thread in this subforum!

I wonder when the day comes that we've gone back to the moon, if the CTers will still deny the reality? Probably. Heck, if you took them there, standing on the lunar surface, they'd probably say it was fake.
    Calm down, have some dip. - George Carlin

Over the past couple of days, a video has surfaced
    False. That has been on youtube since 2015.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4UP6nRMuGs

which shows Buzz Aldrin admitting that we never went to the Moon.
    False. He makes no such admission.

And you are still wrong and continue to be wrong.

Are conspiracy theories being discussed here in serious or as a joke?
    Because you can't take them seriously.
    People who believe in them are either trolls or a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceRanger View Post
    That is a good question, it is very hard to tell short of them coming out and saying it as there are sufficent people that believe in even the loopiest fringe stuff that its pretty much impossible to certainly identify a parody or troll from the real thing (see Poe's Law)

Hi SpaceRanger, welcome to Cosmoquest!

This subforum is mainly aimed at space-related Conspiracy Theories. Are they serious? I suppose that depends on who you ask, and on the CT in question. Some folks come in here as proponents of a CT, some are just misled, and some don't believe them at all but do want to discuss them. And of course there are some trolls. However... we do have strict rules on behavior here, and those include not insulting other members. Like calling them trolls. If you do have a problem with a post, feel free to report it so mods will take a look.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Sometimes they're merely underinformed. We've had more than one moon hoax question from someone who just wanted to hear the other side of the story.
    Then again, we get moon hoax believers who turn up pretending they just want to hear the other side of the story. They usually can't contain themselves beyond about three posts, though.

Grant Hutchison

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Conspiracy hard liners are like religious hard liners, you get nowhere arguing with them using consensus evidence, they have deep embedded beliefs that resist argument. It’s sad but a feature of human nature, we cling to embedded beliefs very tenaciously. It manifests in different ways from body self image through politics and religion to science and the age of reason but as a group we have not escaped from strong prejudice.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Quote Originally Posted by profloater View Post
    Conspiracy hard liners are like religious hard liners...
    You'd have been better off comparing Arsenal or pineapple-on-pizza hardliners. Dragging religion into it was unnecessary and contrary to our rules.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)