Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 2,491 to 2,494 of 2494

Thread: Disease and pandemics thread (because it's science)

We should hear interim results from the Oxford vaccine soon, but in the meantime the Phase II/III results have been through peer review and have been published in The Lancet. Good immunogenicity in older people, and better tolerated in that age group too.

Grant Hutchison

Interesting interim results from the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine this morning. 62% effective with two equal doses a month apart, but 90% effective with an initial half dose followed by a full dose a month later. The immune system is certainly a funny thing--I'll be interested to read what immunologists make of those results.

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Interesting interim results from the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine this morning. 62% effective with two equal doses a month apart, but 90% effective with an initial half dose followed by a full dose a month later. The immune system is certainly a funny thing--I'll be interested to read what immunologists make of those results.
    I think (without having read the paper) that I would also want to take a good look at the error bars.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I think (without having read the paper) that I would also want to take a good look at the error bars.
    I doubt if it's an error-bar issue. The p values are very tight, implying correspondingly tight confidence intervals around the quoted values.

Grant Hutchison