Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091
Results 2,701 to 2,704 of 2704

Thread: Disease and pandemics thread (because it's science)

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    True, though to a far lesser degree. But unvaccinated people move just as well as the vaccinated, with very few exceptions. The limits on travel affect few regions of the world and are sporadically enforced.
    When you say "to a far lesser degree," the other factor we have to consider is, what is people who are vaccinated stop using the precautions like social distancing, masks, avoiding crowded places, because they feel they are safe at least from serious disease? Then they will end up spreading it. In fact, that may be what we are seeing in Israel, where 90 percent of the population is vaccinated but they are still seeing an increase in infections.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    In fact, that may be what we are seeing in Israel, where 90 percent of the population is vaccinated but they are still seeing an increase in infections.
    Hmmmm. Where did that number come from?
    Four days ago:
    More than 60 percent of Israel's population has received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and 56 percent of the population got their second jab, according to data released by the Health Ministry, as Israel's vaccination drive surges among teens aged 12-16.
    After a rapid start, Israel ran into a bit of a wall when it got 50-odd percent of its population vaccinated back in April, and has been largely stuck on a plateau since. You can see that on the Financial Times vaccine tracker here (scroll down to the graph, on which I've picked out a couple of countries of interest).
    Herd immunity for the Delta variant is probably around 85% of the population, so there's no great surprise to see cases increasing in Israel.

Grant Hutchison

Yes, I seem to have gotten that wrong. I saw an article where it said that 90 percent of the people aged 50 and over had been vaccinated, and didnít notice the condition. Itís a bit comforting to see I made that mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below