Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 1,171 to 1,173 of 1173

Thread: What do you think is the most likely explanation for the Fermi paradox?

I donít know if I have said this before, but a few years ago, there was talk about neutrino communications. These would require large facilities, but would eliminate the need for com-sats, depressing the need of space launch. That alone may be an answer to Fermi. If power sources shrink and you could have instantaneous comm, the need for occupied craft would lessen.

So there may be all kinds of Voyager probes out there. All small. All silent.

If power sources shrink and you could have instantaneous comm

"large facilities" does not mean "shrink", and neutrinos are not tachyons.
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Quote Originally Posted by publiusr View Post
    I don’t know if I have said this before, but a few years ago, there was talk about neutrino communications. These would require large facilities, but would eliminate the need for com-sats, depressing the need of space launch. That alone may be an answer to Fermi. If power sources shrink and you could have instantaneous comm, the need for occupied craft would lessen.

So there may be all kinds of Voyager probes out there. All small. All silent.
    Neutrino production is harder and less energy efficient that EM. Neutrino detection, harder than EM detection. But both travel at C.

Now if you have a need to communicate inside a solid body, I might see a need, perhaps. But it'd be a niche technology.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright