Thread: Another member passed

Another member passed

It is with great sadness that another member has passed away. Not every member will know him and his activity stopped in 2010 when the forum changed hands.
    Alasdhair had been poorly for a year or so and on Saturday morning after being in the hospital died suddenly. He was a gentleman and a fantastic photographer, but mostly a good friend to sticks and myself.

You will be missed my friend.

Clear skies
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

My condolences.

I remember the last time Chrissy, and family met Alasdhair (or Al Johnston) and I in Durham last year for a day out. We had a great time looking through the market and I got a copy of the original 1950's War of the Worlds on DVD.

As a true gent, Alasdhair paid for my lunch.

His passing has been a great shock to all who knew him.

He may not have been active here, but he was active until last week, 04 June 2019 on Apollo Hoax at its present location

Farewell and rest in peace Al
    We miss you.
    Last edited by Sticks; 2019-Jun-11 at 06:28 PM. Reason: corrected a spelling

I can now report that thanks to ToSeek, Alasdhair has now been elevated to Honoured Member

5. 2019-Jun-11, 07:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I can now report that thanks to ToSeek, Alasdhair has now been elevated to Honoured Member

Very good. I wish I could have met him.

Sorry for your loss, chrissy. I admit I didn't recognize the name, but as you say, he hadn't posted in a long while. RIP.