Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Area 51 Fun Run

Area 51 Fun Run

Okay, admit it, how many here have signed up for the "Storm Area 51" nonsense? I did and have no intention of going. When I asked the only, admitted, UFO nut I know if he was going? He said he had signed up to show support, but even he thinks you'd have to be crazy to try that. He's gonna be watching the live streaming on the internet.
    It will be interesting to see how many people, out of the 3.1 million who have signed up for the event actually show up. I believe most of the people who signed up, did it just for fun, to say they did it.
    But it will be interesting to see the gov. response if a large number of people do try to over run the base.

"But it will be interesting to see the gov. response if a large number of people do try to over run the base."

I would substitute the word horrifying in place of interesting. The US military is permitted to use lethal force to prevent unauthorized access.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin View Post
    "But it will be interesting to see the gov. response if a large number of people do try to over run the base."

I would substitute the word horrifying in place of interesting. The US military is permitted to use lethal force to prevent unauthorized access.
    I'm retired A.F. spent 15 years in security forces, I know the kind of people they put in security at a place like A51. They can be a bit trigger happy and are probably looking forward to September 20th.
    Even if a million people show up, they're going have to cross miles of desert in the summer heat. I'd be willing to bet a lot of them will turn back after 2 -3 miles. If any make it to the base perimeter, they should be easy to stop.
    The government has two months to prepare, anything worth seeing has been moved, hidden or maybe beamed up. (Oops, shouldn't have said that.)
    If any make it into the base, they'll run around the base, find nothing of interest, be arrested, charged, fined and released.
    Then spend the rest of their lives telling stories about what they "really" saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Then spend the rest of their lives telling stories about what they "really" saw.
    They could just stay home and tell stories of what they really saw in Area 51. That would be a lot easier.

Okay, admit it, how many here have signed up for the "Storm Area 51" nonsense?
    No thanks, I still need to get my US visa renewed from time to time.

Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan. I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the internet. Iím not responsible if people decide to actually storm area 51.
    Now, there's a new usage of the phrase "not responsible".

Grant Hutchison

I doubt more than a handful actually start the journey, most will give up going across the desert.

Anyone who actually does show up needs to be taken into some sort of long-term care facility, since they're clearly not safe to be out on their own, or left to roam the internet unsupervised.

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Anyone who actually does show up needs to be taken into some sort of long-term care facility, since they're clearly not safe to be out on their own, or left to roam the internet unsupervised.

Grant Hutchison
    I've read that Facebook has taken the Storm 51 page down. Without FB as guidance, no one will show up. To bad, coulda been a good show.

Even if a million people show up, they're going have to cross miles of desert in the summer heat. I'd be willing to bet a lot of them will turn back after 2 -3 miles.
    If only there were some way they didn't have to cross all that distance on foot and without supplies!

Maybe some sort of self-propelled motility - a sort of ... "auto-motive" device, if you will.

The logistics of getting there prohibit any sort of a functional event occurring. If even 100,000 people tried to go, and averaged 5 people per vehicle, that's 20,00 vehicles. They will be trying to get to a place that is 2 and a half hours from Las Vegas, which is the only place there would even be a chance at having enough gas available for those vehicles in the area. Then there is parking, water, sanitation, etc., which will all be in very short or non-existent supply. Parking alone, if we assume front/back-in parking on both sides of the roads and equidistant from the rally point, has a 5000, car per side travel path. This means that at a tightly spaced 8 feet per vehicle, people at the ends would be walking some 40,000 feet (approx. 8 miles), just to begin the assault.

And in all likelihood, the traffic jams and other inconveniences involved would deter all but the most avid of those that did show. I predict it will be either a non-event, or a Keystone Kops style clown show.
    Last edited by monkeyboysdontknow; 2019-Aug-10 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Grammar

Judging by the people I know in the military, there is at least one guard looking forward to wearing a Grey Alien mask while on patrol that night. And his or her boss knows this is being discussed and is preparing "The Decorum and Dignity of the Armed Forces" speech. The boss is praying to that this speech sticks, because if it has to go any higher up the chain, "interesting" stuff will happen.
    Solfe

I doubt many will make the attempt and a few shots over their heads will send them scampering back the way they came. Oh well.....Disclosure is turning out to be long and drawn out. But their WILL be disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hatch View Post
    I doubt many will make the attempt and a few shots over their heads will send them scampering back the way they came. Oh well.....Disclosure is turning out to be long and drawn out. But their WILL be disclosure.
    Disclosure of what?
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I doubt many will make the attempt and a few shots over their heads will send them scampering back the way they came.
    It probably wonít require shots. It will be more about asking people if they need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Disclosure of what?
    If we knew that, it wouldn't be disclosure.

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Disclosure of what?
    Literally anything a ufologically addled person can conceive of that would give them sanctimony if and when the state authority officially validates their pre-conceived notions of extra-terrestrial visitation and activity on earth.

"UFO disclosure" is Constantine becoming a catholic.

If we knew that, it wouldn't be disclosure.
    I think the question was really meant to mean, "what do you think there is to be disclosed?"
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I think the question was really meant to mean, "what do you think there is to be disclosed?"
    I'm sure it was. My remark was about 50% a joke, and 50% a comment on the wishful thinking that underlies the "Disclosure Project" movement.
    "What do we want?"
    "Disclosure!"
    "What do we want disclosed?"
    "Secret stuff!"

Grant Hutchison

I doubt many will make the attempt and a few shots over their heads will send them scampering back the way they came.
    Actually, I wonder if they would have one of those defensive sound devices like cruise ships? It seems like a better plan than guns, considering these guys don't have a plan besides hopping the fence.
    Solfe

I thought "Disclosure" was perfect for one of those "new definitions for old words" games--something about how old drunks strip or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    Judging by the people I know in the military, there is at least one guard looking forward to wearing a Grey Alien mask while on patrol that night. And his or her boss knows this is being discussed and is preparing "The Decorum and Dignity of the Armed Forces" speech. The boss is praying to that this speech sticks, because if it has to go any higher up the chain, "interesting" stuff will happen.
    And I’m hoping this speech doesn’t stick. That would be hilarious! New conspiracy theories for decades

Apparently it has now morphed into a music festival???

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    Apparently it has now morphed into a music festival???
    Yes, they're calling it Alienstock. Evidently a play on Woodstock. But it's a cover. While everyone is partying, a group of highly trained commandos, people who learned their tactical skills by killing zombies online, will sweep across the desert and raid the unsuspecting base.
    Full disclosure by sundown.

Strange. I was under the impression that the Groom Lake facility (likely what people mean when saying "Area 51") was inactive, but looking quickly online that seems not to be the case. I wonder where I got the impression is was closed?

CJSF
    "Flipping this one final switch I'm effectively ensuring that I will be
    Overcoming all resistance long after my remains have been
    Vaporized with extreme prejudice and shot into outer space.

I'll be haunting you."

-They Might Be Giants, "I'll Be Haunting You"

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    Strange. I was under the impression that the Groom Lake facility (likely what people mean when saying "Area 51") was inactive, but looking quickly online that seems not to be the case. I wonder where I got the impression is was closed?
    From the man dressed in black, who showed you the little flashing ball-point pen thing?

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post

CJSF
    One only needs to look at satellite images over the last decade to notice that the runway has been extended. For what purpose...?

From the man dressed in black, who showed you the little flashing ball-point pen thing?

Grant Hutchison
    Well... no. But I have quite a bit of experience looking at commercial image data over the site going back many years, and there's a clear indication that the facility is not used or used nearly as much as it once was. Plus, there was web traffic back in the early 00s about the "Janet" flights out of Las Vegas that were taking contractors and such to the site having stopped operating, at least for a time.

But as memory is, perhaps I am conflating other situations.

CJSF

I'll be haunting you."

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    One only needs to look at satellite images over the last decade to notice that the runway has been extended. For what purpose...?
    Yes, I suppose that's true. I had suspected it was extended for future operations but was largely inactive. But perhaps I was wrong.

And what is the ellipsis question for? What purpose would a runway be for except for operating aircraft? You use longer runways for planes that need longer runways... ? What sort of question is that?

CJSF

I'll be haunting you."

lonelybirder.org