Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Area 51 Fun Run

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    Yes, I suppose that's true. I had suspected it was extended for future operations but was largely inactive. But perhaps I was wrong.

And what is the ellipsis question for? What purpose would a runway be for except for operating aircraft? You use longer runways for planes that need longer runways... ? What sort of question is that?
    One wonders why they'd need to extend the runway if they were actually in possession of retro-engineered alien craft capable of hovering over the site, which we've been hearing about intermittently for some time.

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    One only needs to look at satellite images over the last decade to notice that the runway has been extended. For what purpose...?
    My understanding is Groom Lake has been used for decades for military aircraft development, including the SR-71 and the more recent Stealth Fighter (F-117A) and the Stealth Bomber (B-2). It would seem they might be working on similar programs. If that is what they are working on, it makes sense to me that they wouldn't want people wandering through to look for ETs.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    My understanding is Groom Lake has been used for decades for military aircraft development, including the SR-71 and the more recent Stealth Fighter (F-117A) and the Stealth Bomber (B-2). It would seem they might be working on similar programs. If that is what they are working on, it makes sense to me that they wouldn't want people wandering through to look for ETs.
    Yes that would be my understanding, but the length was capable of handling the aforementioned aircraft, all developed before the runway was lengthened.

Well... no. But I have quite a bit of experience looking at commercial image data over the site going back many years, and there's a clear indication that the facility is not used or used nearly as much as it once was. Plus, there was web traffic back in the early 00s about the "Janet" flights out of Las Vegas that were taking contractors and such to the site having stopped operating, at least for a time.

But as memory is, perhaps I am conflating other situations.

CJSF
    Nope. IT did indeed quiet down for a period of time. And now they appear to be tooling up again for presumably some new project. It's kind of expected behaviour for such a site.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    Nope. IT did indeed quiet down for a period of time. And now they appear to be tooling up again for presumably some new project. It's kind of expected behaviour for such a site.
    That seems to make sense.

CJSF
    "Flipping this one final switch I'm effectively ensuring that I will be
    Overcoming all resistance long after my remains have been
    Vaporized with extreme prejudice and shot into outer space.

I'll be haunting you."

-They Might Be Giants, "I'll Be Haunting You"

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    One wonders why they'd need to extend the runway if they were actually in possession of retro-engineered alien craft capable of hovering over the site, which we've been hearing about intermittently for some time.
    Clearly it’s a clever deception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

They are obviously making preparations to remove the alien bodies, spacecraft and visiting dignitaries out, just in case.

Also, I cannot resist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=AjUmULa0R-8

I remember seeing a show a few years ago on the Science Channel about a new secret base in Utah that is supposed to be the new Area 51. Has anyone heard anything about that?

That was hyper over Dugway proving ground--where one of the stardust type backshells dug way into the ground
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugway_Proving_Ground

That seems to make sense.

CJSF
    Take the SR-71 for example. It was retired not so long ago, but it was developed there. It's possible that it's replacement (if any) was developed there and we simply don't know about it yet. (That's a hypothetical). The u-2 and F-117 were developed there.

Clearly, the location has the wherewithal to undertake such projects. All it really needs is a suitable undertaking to be set loose on.

A longer runway may be needed for flights returning from orbit.

Just sayin’.

Nevada has declared an emergency around rural areas surrounding the base in anticipation of "millions" of stormers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/2065065001/

Nevada has declared an emergency around rural areas surrounding the base in anticipation of "millions" of stormers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/2065065001/
    The current version of the article (which has been updated) states that while millions have signed up, it refers to "a mysterious affair that could draw thousands of curious visitors to the desert". I think "thousands" is a lot more realistic, but I'm going to go out on a limb that guess it won't even be that.

Maybe millions of insects.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
    The current version of the article (which has been updated) states that while millions have signed up, it refers to "a mysterious affair that could draw thousands of curious visitors to the desert". I think "thousands" is a lot more realistic, but I'm going to go out on a limb that guess it won't even be that.

Maybe millions of insects.
    I agree it won't be many, but the state couldn't afford to let it be a surprise.

I agree it won't be many, but the state couldn't afford to let it be a surprise.
    Well, yes, I think this is one of those situations where it is probably better to err on the side of caution.

The "emergency" might have to be rescuing a bunch of idiots from the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
    The "emergency" might have to be rescuing a bunch of idiots from the desert.
    This makes me picture a bedraggled, dehydrated, stoned-out, hippie-wanna-be getting airlifted away, while onlookers glimpsing his/her disheveled state declare that person to be one of the aliens they were looking for, but is now being removed from the area by the "authorities".

Grant Hutchison
    According to Bob Lazar area 51 was where the regular secret stuff was taking place. He said he worked at an area called "S4" which was 12 miles + or - to the SW of there, and that was where the UFO stuff was happening. They put them on a bus with blacked out windows at area 51 and it was a 20 minute ride or so to S4. For what it's worth he passed a lie detector test when being questioned about his experiences there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hatch View Post
    For what it's worth he passed a lie detector test when being questioned about his experiences there.
    Given how many liars pass lie-detector tests, and given the unsubstantiated claims Lazar has made about his scientific credentials, I don't think it's worth much.

Grant Hutchison

Given how many liars pass lie-detector tests, and given the unsubstantiated claims Lazar has made about his scientific credentials, I don't think it's worth much.

Grant Hutchison
    I agree with you as lie detectors can be influences by the baseline questioning and I suspect if a person truly believes in their brain that such and such happened, then would register as a truth. Whether indeed in fact ever happened. Lots of people believe in intelligent piloted UFOs from another part of the universe, but can't prove any existence.

I agree with you as lie detectors can be influences by the baseline questioning and I suspect if a person truly believes in their brain that such and such happened, then would register as a truth. Whether indeed in fact ever happened. Lots of people believe in intelligent piloted UFOs from another part of the universe, but can't prove any existence.
    There's good evidence that polygraphs, even in the hands of experienced examiners, are pretty poor discriminators between liars and truth tellers.
    Against this, we balance Lazar's oft-repeated claim to have a masters degree in physics from MIT, of which no record has ever been discovered.
    And against that, we find Lazar saying stuff like this:
    Inside that tower is a chip of Element 115 they just put in there. That’s a super-heavy element. The lid goes on top. And as far as any other of the workings of it, I really don’t know, you know, [such as] what’s inside the bottom of it . . .115 sets up a gravitational field around the top. That little wave guide you saw being put on the top: it essentially siphons off the gravity wave, and that’s later amplified in the lower portion of the craft.
    It's difficult to reconcile such a random selection of vaguely physics-related words with a person actually having studied physics.

So I find myself uncompelled by Lazar's testimony.

Grant Hutchison

It’s interesting that he mentioned element 115, which now is named moscovium, because when he did the interview in 1989 it was not yet discovered, but now it has been. The longest lived isotope has a half life under a second, so it’s somewhat unlikely that anyone will ever make anything out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

For heaven's sake, I know how to beat a polygraph, and I don't like lying.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

And particularly about lie detectors, I think they basically are designed to look for the kind of nervousness that we often experience when we're lying. So in a court it might be more sensitive, since the possibility of going to jail if you are found out makes people nervous. But if you're just telling a fun lie and enjoying it, it probably wouldn't register.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    It’s interesting that he mentioned element 115, which now is named moscovium, because when he did the interview in 1989 it was not yet discovered, but now it has been. The longest lived isotope has a half life under a second, so it’s somewhat unlikely that anyone will ever make anything out of it.
    And just adding to what, I said, this statement:

115 sets up a gravitational field around the top.
    Is hard to even comprehend. Of course it sets up a gravitational field, because it has mass, and anything with mass creates a gravitational field not "around the top," but in all directions. Elements are all made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons, and the way they behave does not vary from element to element... So it's essentially gibberish.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Is hard to even comprehend. Of course it sets up a gravitational field, because it has mass, and anything with mass creates a gravitational field not "around the top," but in all directions. Elements are all made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons, and the way they behave does not vary from element to element... So it's essentially gibberish.
    And he doesn't know the difference between a gravitational wave and gravity wave (though I do rather like the idea of surfing UFOs.)

Grant Hutchison

Even Stanton Friedman called Lazar a lier.
    http://www.ufojoe.net/?p=220

There's good evidence that polygraphs, even in the hands of experienced examiners, are pretty poor discriminators between liars and truth tellers.
    Ames and Walker both beat lie detectors. They could be getting better
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-of-succeeding
    Tech used for future videos
    https://silvarecord.com/2019/09/01/w...tyler-rogoway/

Lazar's oft-repeated claim to have a masters degree in physics from MIT, of which no record has ever been discovered.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Robert_Lazar

Even the EM drive folks have more convincing Voyager style technobabble:
    https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/in...373#msg1989373

As far as the fun runners are concerned--their anime hands-behind-the-back running style will just make them easier to 'cuff.

And he doesn't know the difference between a gravitational wave and gravity wave (though I do rather like the idea of surfing UFOs.)

Grant Hutchison
    Gravity waves are no joke--wake lows can do damage.
    https://www.alabamawx.com/?p=17650
    Last edited by publiusr; 2019-Sep-06 at 09:08 PM.

Alienation of Storm Area 51 founder. Looks like a split where Las Vegas is the host site associated with Roberts, though there are still efforts for a big, but possibly unsafe, event in Rachel.
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Alienation of Storm Area 51 founder. Looks like a split where Las Vegas is the host site associated with Roberts, though there are still efforts for a big, but possibly unsafe, event in Rachel.
    Well, whadda-ya-know? Looks like a combination of the results I predicted in post #12 are blossoming here. And, I'm only trumpeting this, because I am sure this is the same conclusion most critical thinking people arrived at. For anyone taking this seriously, the plan was doomed from inception, due to the natural logistics of the event.

A couple of parties, a few arrests, a "heated warning", but no-one actually shot. Yet.
    One, a woman in her 60s from California, was arrested after making it clear to sheriff’s deputies, her husband and everyone around her that she was going to trespass no matter what.
    “It was just something she wanted to do,” said the sheriff, who was at the Rachel gate at the time.
    Got to wonder what outcome she was expecting, really.

Grant Hutchison

A couple of parties, a few arrests, a "heated warning", but no-one actually shot. Yet.
    Got to wonder what outcome she was expecting, really.

Grant Hutchison
    I seriously doubt it will come to shooting someone. cooler heads may persist. Of course there is always a bean-bag ammunition to consider.
    Last edited by bknight; 2019-Sep-21 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Spelling correction