Thread: New Sci-Fi movies.

Red face New Sci-Fi movies.

Hello. I highly recommend a new movie I have seen recently. Don't think a lot of people have seen it.
    It's called Alita Battle Angel. This is a Fantastic movie!

Stellar.

If anyone has seen it let me know
    Bye

SC
    The trailer:

https://youtu.be/cislZ9S0ocA
    Last edited by Gorn; 2019-Aug-14 at 04:12 AM.

Anime theme - cyborg underdog.

Weird mutation of live action and CGI. (Imagine Big Eyes Small Mouth - but live action.)

It was in theaters earlier this year. It did fairly well at the box office and grossed a lot of money. Why do you think not many people have seen it?

I thought it was very entertaining. If you like anime, you'll probably like Alita.

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    Maybe there was confusion with the Italian airline Alitalia.

5. 2019-Aug-20, 12:27 AM
    Reason

This movie is real good. I think people should tell everybody they know
    about it and get them to get the DVD..or Blu-Ray.

Everyone should get a Movie Poster too. I happened to build a 'movie themed bedroom' recently
    - so I think I am going to go out and get a poster to decorate it.
    Last edited by Gorn; 2019-Aug-20 at 03:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Facebook: Goalitaarmy
    Last edited by Gorn; 2019-Aug-24 at 02:34 AM.

Also, try the Google Search line: @gorn0001

Then you'll use Goalitaarmy. click any one.

G.

I can't tell anymore. Are you shilling for the movie? Or are you shilling for your own fan site?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
    This movie is real good. I think people should tell everybody they know
    about it and get them to get the DVD..or Blu-Ray.

Everyone should get a Movie Poster too. I happened to build a 'movie themed bedroom' recently
    - so I think I am going to go out and get a poster to decorate it.
    Gorn, your posts are a bit too promotional sounding. Please dial it back.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    I can't tell anymore. Are you shilling for the movie? Or are you shilling for your own fan site?
    If you have such concerns, the appropriate way to voice them is by use of the report button.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Because whether it made a lot of money is a 'relative' term.
    It made of 400 million.
    That's a lot of money...but it is a lower average when it comes
    to a James Cameron film.

For some reason, box office takings correlate very badly with my enjoyment of a movie.
    But my enjoyment of the trailer correlates really well with my enjoyment of a movie. (Thank you, trailer editors!)

So I won't be viewing Alita Battle Angel except at the social equivalent of gunpoint.

Grant Hutchison

The problem I have with the 'big eyes' aesthetic is that it seems to imply that the eye sockets take up a much larger portion of the skull volume; this should impact on the brain capacity of the cyborg. Perhaps Alita has a small but artificially enhanced brain, like an uplifted chimpanzee.

Her brain might even be entirely artificial. I suppose that a cyborg with an artificial brain but an organic body is as reasonable as any other kind of cyborg, but I wonder exactly when you cross the line from being a cyborg to being a robot.

Yes the big eye look is fine to me in anime, but look very strange in the more realistic CGI style of that movie. I don’t take it seriously, it just is hard to get used to.

I expect I will see the movie eventually on streaming, but I am in no rush. I vaguely remember watching the short anime sometime in the nineties. It didn’t make a big impression, hopefully the movie is more interesting.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

This is a bit off topic, but up until recently I didnít realize (thought I might have guessed if I had thought about it much) that apparently the big eyes in Japanese manga come from the influence of Walt Disney characters like Micky Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below