Thread: Have you ever had on of those days

Have you ever had on of those days

Well today, I was asked to help move some furniture from a house to the legion for an auction nothing really unusual about that. Woke up earlier then I needed but went back to sleep because it was only 6:30 and they not need me until 10:00. Got up had some oatmeal and got ready and was ready to leave early. Got there early had to be dropped off but the owners let me in to wait. There was plumbing truck there the sewer had backed up. The people from the company came a man short, there was suppose to be three and two woman but one guy decided to steal some checks and make them out to himself, right now the auction company and police are looking for him. The truck came half full so we fulled up in a couple of hours and went over the legion and unloaded some of the other, we thought we had taken enough off. One of pieces was a dresser that was made locally in the 1800's, I have an ancestor who made furniture in that time period, it could been from him but is not marked so no one really knows. Then we went to get lunch because it lunchtime needed to refuel. Tried the impossible burger, almost like a real burger. Then went back to work getting beds and dressers from the second floor, the guy who owned the house took them apart for us but a one bed needed a bit more work. And we worked until almost 6 pm, when the guy needed to get the nearest bridge. Also his sister who was there had to fly back home to Connecticut but her flight was cancelled. And we had some of the stuff of the use in the driveway and we were hoping that it clear enough for him to get thru once our moving truck was moved.but it wasn't the bottom of a dining table scratched his truck. Tomorrow he has to drive to Connecticut and back again Saturday. Oh it was so hot out today that on top of drinking water and dumped a couple of glasses on my head to cool off. And we did not have enough room on the truck so we had to leave some stuff outdoors partially covered and hope nobody comes and steals it or it rains tonight.
    For supper a couple of burgers, pasta salad and cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden.
    Tomorrow is going to be fun to, New cable first thing in the morning, then unpacking truck and going to get the stuff left and more unpacking, then mom has friend visiting and they are catching an exhibition hockey game.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Sorry, I'm deleting what I shouldn't have posted in the first place.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Today went a lot better weather wise. Work wise the dresser could of been made by someone else, there were a few furniture makers in the area that made the some style furniture, but a got a flat screen tv from the company I have just gotta find a power cord.

I've been away two months from my water disaster--and the sods are only just now moving boxes in.

Today will be fun if stuff doesn't sell, one truck and a truck and half to two trucks worth of stuff.

Well this one ended up ok, they sold actually enough stuff to get back to their home with one truck, after a couple of deliveries. Today in town there is softball tournament in the name of a person I knew in school. One of the people buying at the auction just of happened to have bought his families old house, they has been am owner in between and she need some furniture delivered to her house. It also happens to be on the same road but further out then I do, so dropped and I got a free ride home which is good because my mother and sisters family went to see cirque du soleil in a nearby city.

a side notes there still the tv issue and they are back in two weeks.

Well, I lost my greeble collection of odds and ends for starship models--and my water is shut off. Up stairs toilet needs new flooring--the bottom stairs toilet leaks at the base.

No biggie--because they shut off the water.

The universe hates me.