Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The flag on the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I can't think of any other explanation for that confetti in the initial burst of ejecta. Any ideas?
    I'm not talking about that I am saying the cloud of fine dust does not look like Mylar. Yes there was an initial burst of confetti but it is the fine dust I am asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by kzb View Post
    I'm not talking about that I am saying the cloud of fine dust does not look like Mylar. Yes there was an initial burst of confetti but it is the fine dust I am asking about.
    I think I get it now. You appear to be asking if water vapor in the exhaust could have condensed and contributed to the murkiness along with the dust. Is that correct? If so, that's a good question and I don't have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I think I get it now. You appear to be asking if water vapor in the exhaust could have condensed and contributed to the murkiness along with the dust. Is that correct? If so, that's a good question and I don't have an answer.
    Yes I am wondering if there really is a lot of moon dust kicked up, or it just looks like that because of rocket exhaust.