Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web site etiquette and or who gets to control the commons

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    That was my memory as well (but Wikipedia disagreed so who am I to say...)
    Right. Actually, thinking back, I think that it's because Pravda was the CP mouthpiece, so what it said was important, but not true. While Izvestia was issued by the (relatively powerless) government, so it had nothing really important to say.
    As above, so below

Though actually, it appears in both forms a lot, and I think it's possible the way you remember it is correct, or perhaps there was more than one version even then.
    As above, so below

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Avoiding political comment, I notice the “commons” in the title and the uk headlines today about our commons in unchartered waters, to coin an overused phrase.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Let's keep this thread on topic, folks. We've overdone the 'Pravduh' sidetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
    Also, the posting is taking place at least every day...if not on the hour. Hmm...what does one think or do then?
    Perhaps you can take advantage of features offered by the website's software. Many forum software platforms allow you to subscribe to, follow, like, or 'favorite' a thread. Then, rather than look for them on a 'New Posts' page, you would see your topics of interest show up on something like a 'Subscribed Threads' page whenever there's a new post in them. The vBulletin platform used by CQ offers such a feature.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Some folks are poor--and read a weeks worth of posts and respond then--it can look like they are hogging things--but aren't. The problem with fussing over necroposts--is that it might be new to a new poster who had just joined.

Not everyone posts a little every day.