Thread: Traffic on site

Traffic on site

I noticed the traffic on this site is very high as of late and there are a record amount of people on Cosmoquest on 9/13 in the early am. What is bringing in so much traffic. I don't see it. Nearly all the visitors are non members.
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Post moved to feedback as this is not an astronomy question.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

Spam bots, most likely. Networks of hacked computers trying to post advertising for adult entertainment in Mumbai, scooter rental in Vietnam, Joe's Roofing in Sweetwater TX, links to viruses, phishing, other malware, or links to improve their Google rating, etc etc. Most don't manage to actually post anything due to our anti-SPAM measures. There are also the search engine crawler bots, but they tend to be relatively stable in numbers. I would be very, very hesitant to say anything at all about the sites popularity based on the shown number of visitors.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Thanks!
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.