Thread: CosmoQuest funding and support

CosmoQuest funding and support

The CosmoQuest staff asked us to share this statement with you:

Due to unanticipated time demands and tight schedules of our current Citizen Science project (i.e., Bennu Mappers for the Osiris-Rex project,) as well as major funding cuts and other challenges that we have faced over the past year, we have unfortunately been forced to make time-allocation decisions based on finances. As a result, there have been times when we at CosmoQuest have not been as responsive as we and you, our forum community would have liked. We understand your frustration and feel it as well. Please understand that at this time, CosmoQuest including this forum is being maintained primarily by volunteers doing what we can when we can. We ask for your patience as we work through this difficult period, and please know that we will address any and all issues as quickly as time permits.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

I made a donation a few years ago only to find out that CQ had not completed their IRS paperwork so it wasn't tax deductible. Do you know if that has changed?
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I made a donation a few years ago only to find out that CQ had not completed their IRS paperwork so it wasn't tax deductible. Do you know if that has changed?
    Hi Trebuchet,

Off the top of my head I do not know, but I will look into this for you and get you an answer as soon as I can.

Nancy

Hi Trebuchet,

CosmoQuest is registered under the 501(c)3 for the Planetary Science Institute.

You can see the status here: https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/

Planetary Science InstituteEIN: 33-0175263 | , -- United States

Hope this answers your question - let me know if you need more information!

Nancy

Thanks.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.