Thread: I know this isnt the first exoplanet we've found with water.

I know this isnt the first exoplanet we've found with water.

I remember reading a number of articles ages ago about water vapour being found in the atmosphere of an exoplanet, but I can't relocate any of the articles. It's frustrating.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

See if this list of research articles helps:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart

From 2014. This is a "hot Jupiter".
    Caltech

Although liquid water covers a majority of Earth's surface, scientists are still searching for planets outside of our solar system that contain water. Researchers at Caltech and several other institutions have used a new technique to analyze the gaseous atmospheres of such extrasolar planets and have made the first detection of water in the atmosphere of the Jupiter-mass planet orbiting the nearby star tau Bo÷tis. With further development and more sensitive instruments, this technique could help researchers learn about how many planets with water—like Earth—exist within our galaxy.

The new results are described in the February 24 online version of The Astrophysical Journal Letters.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

What's notable about this one is that it both has water and is in the Goldilocks Zone, so that water stands a chance of being liquid.