Thread: Ad Astra [NO SPOILERS]

Ad Astra [NO SPOILERS]

No spoilers here, but just to say that the makers took fewer liberties with physics than, say, Gravity or Interstellar, but more than with The Martian.

Mrs. Nowhere had the best comment:
    Like Brad Pitt, it's pretty to look at, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Fred
    Last edited by slang; 2019-Sep-23 at 10:27 PM. Reason: no spoilers
    Hey, you! "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has." "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
    -- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Earth's sole legacy will be a very slight increase (0.01%) of the solar metallicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    No spoilers here, but just to say that the makers took fewer liberties with physics than, say, Gravity or Interstellar, but more than with The Martian.

Mrs. Nowhere had the best comment:
    Like Brad Pitt, it's pretty to look at, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Fred
    Just to tie those statements together, or expand on them, or ... something.

I read that Brad Pitt asked a few real astronauts who they thought made a better astronaut, him or George Clooney.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

PZ Myers was not very pleased with it.

"Needs more murderous space monkeys"

Lots of spoilers in his review.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesabrown View Post
    PZ Myers was not very pleased with it.

"Needs more murderous space monkeys"

Lots of spoilers in his review.
    Thanks. Saved me wasting my money on it.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I think it just went on my DVD list for sometime next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wasn't thrilled with it but oddly, a friend of mine joined me who almost never goes to movies and doesn't like scfy. In fact, I gave him every chance to not go so he wouldn't depress me any. He really liked it and his name is Mikey (Mike) -- cereal comm. ref.
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    I enjoyed it despite there being very little plot. The visualisations are fun and the underplayed hero seemed right for a professional space traveller. Like a police procedural , this is a space travel procedural . I would recommend it, but will not plan to see again. The father son issues seemed unresolved but like i said, it’s not a strong plot.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Just to remind those folks who DO want to post anything spoilerish... for that we already have this thread: https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthr...-it-make-sense

I'll edit this title to include a no spoilers tag.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice