Thread: Dihann Carroll dies aged 84

Dihann Carroll dies aged 84

I first remember seeing her in "Julia" in the late 1960's. She always seemed to be a very strong and talented woman. While she may never have been a "STAR" she certainly packed a fair bit into her professional life.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/04/a...gtype=Homepage

One of my first crushes. Fine actress, singer, person. Her series Julia was about 20 years ahead of its time. She played a strong, professional, black woman, widowed and raising a son on her own.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    One of my first crushes. Fine actress, singer, person. Her series Julia was about 20 years ahead of its time. She played a strong, professional, black woman, widowed and raising a son on her own.
    Yes to all this.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I remember seeing an episode in which her son had been sent home from school for fighting. She told him that wasn't acceptable, but asked him why. The other kid had called him a name. She said that wasn't important, but asked what name. It was the N-word. That changed things. I wish I remembered it better.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.