Thread: Matter standing wave movement.

Matter standing wave movement.

Is it possible that matter can move through space as a standing wave, that can move at the speed of light?
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

A standing wave does not move.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

Quote Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
    A standing wave does not move.
    Thanks tusenfem, I was just wondering if there was any proposed mechanism where matter might not be moving, but still be carried at near the speed of light. Besides the expansion of the universe. Perhaps like a sailboat?
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Thanks tusenfem, I was just wondering if there was any proposed mechanism where matter might not be moving, but still be carried at near the speed of light. Besides the expansion of the universe. Perhaps like a sailboat?
    The Alcubierre metric, underlying the so-called Alcubierre warp drive, seems to be something like what you want. (But sailboats move, so perhaps not.)

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    The Alcubierre metric, underlying the so-called Alcubierre warp drive, seems to be something like what you want. (But sailboats move, so perhaps not.)

Grant Hutchison
    Thanks Grant, I figured out what I was looking for. I will be sharing it in an ATM some time next week.