Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it just me or has Generation X ceased to exist?

Quote Originally Posted by philippeb8 View Post
    I wasn’t insulting anybody; I was boosting their superior abilities and it is a proven fact.
    People are insulted by your comments. So, yes you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    People are insulted by your comments. So, yes you were.
    A PhD verbally told me so. But it’s just lead that can be beaten by those willing to put in the efforts.

I have no desire to explicitly insult anybody or myself so my apologies to all and myself.

On a somewhat related note, yesterday I heard a radio* news story that referred to a young sports star as celebrating a victory in a “typical Generation Z manner”. That may be the first time I’ve heard that term used in an “official” way.

*radio is kind of like streaming audio, but no internet connection is required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    On a somewhat related note, yesterday I heard a radio* news story that referred to a young sports star as celebrating a victory in a “typical Generation Z manner”. That may be the first time I’ve heard that term used in an “official” way.
    And what was the typical manner? I ask because I was recently spellbound by the fact that one of our local universities closed its student bar because it was no longer economically viable. In Scotland. Where do they go? What do they do?

Grant Hutchison

He was a football quarterback, and he went into the stands to take selfies with the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    He was a football quarterback, and he went into the stands to take selfies with the fans.
    Ah. One of the many, many reasons not to be famous is in order to avoid the fan selfie.

(The day I retired, one of my Millennial colleagues walked over, stood shoulder to shoulder with me, snapped a selfie, said, "Ta very much," and walked away again. In the picture, I'm frowning as if someone had just asked me a puzzling and slightly distasteful question.)

Grant Hutchison

I wasn’t insulting anybody; I was boosting their superior abilities and it is a proven fact.
    If one group has superior abilities, the other has inferior ones, yes? Also, all those "proven facts" turn out to be not so proven and to rely on an awful lot of cultural assumptions.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    If one group has superior abilities, the other has inferior ones, yes? Also, all those "proven facts" turn out to be not so proven and to rely on an awful lot of cultural assumptions.
    My point was both genders got their strengths and weaknesses. This is the DNA factor of my equation.

We are brainwashed into thinking otherwise but I’m not gonna enter national & international politics.

Is it just me or has Generation X ceased to exist?

We are brainwashed into thinking otherwise but I’m not gonna enter national & international politics.
    We are brainwashed but the Millennials are heavily brainwashed so their values are unrecognizable.

For example today’s education system is making them believe their comfort and being offended are important. They live in a fantasy world where they are not prepared to face real life values thus when they’ll enter the commercial sector they will get replaced easily. The entire industry will not adapt to their values.

We are brainwashed but the Millennials are heavily brainwashed so their values are unrecognizable.

For example today’s education system is making them believe their comfort and being offended are important. They live in a fantasy world where they are not prepared to face real life values thus when they’ll enter the commercial sector they will get replaced easily. The entire industry will not adapt to their values.
    Tell me again why you believe you're not insulting people?

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Tell me again why you believe you're not insulting people?

Grant Hutchison
    I’m saying the truth and I did pay the price in my personal life for not adapting properly.

I’m saying the truth and I did pay the price in my personal life for not adapting properly.
    You're not "saying the truth" at all. We now have large experience of Millennials actually in the workforce, and what you're describing is a stereotype, not reality.

Grant Hutchison

You're not "saying the truth" at all. We now have large experience of Millennials actually in the workforce, and what you're describing is a stereotype, not reality.

Grant Hutchison
    Maybe not Millennials but Gen Zers then.

I’m not saying it’s their fault but the environment they live in is intentionally different than what it used to be.

But we’re talking geopolitics now. Those interested to know what I know regarding that can PM me. If I get no PM then please let that sink in. Thanks.

Closed pending moderator discussion
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Thread reopened.

A note to everyone:

We have historically been fairly lenient when it comes to speaking less than charitably about about outside groups in general terms such as 'those kooky HBers.' That latitude can extend only so far, however. In this case, the topic concerns demographic groups who are doubtlessly represented among our members, so our rule requiring politeness is in full force. Please take care not to be rude (insulting, condescending, just plain offensive, etc.) in how you generalize group characteristics.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Maybe not Millennials but Gen Zers then.
    That's a bit of a shift, isn't it? What makes you think it'll be any more true of Gen Z?

I’m not saying it’s their fault but the environment they live in is intentionally different than what it used to be.
    Yeah, that happens all the time, to everyone. And each generation thinks the next one is going to suffer some terrible consequence as a result of the strange attitudes they've acquired while growing up. (You won't remember the truly dire predictions about Gen X, back in the day, but I'm sure other folks here do. And yet Gen X turned out all sparkly-marvellous after all, according to your reports.)

Grant Hutchisn

That's a bit of a shift, isn't it? What makes you think it'll be any more true of Gen Z?
    - I was tired and I replied in a incomplete way
    - I apologize if I have insulted people but I felt the urgency to evoke the subject by being direct

Now I am extremely tired so I will reply later or tomorrow and I need to make my future posts reviewed first. Thanks.

And again, I'm going to point out that culture has a lot more to do with these things than anything else, because that's the one thing universal to these studies--they either fail to take culture into account or else do and show that the "truths" aren't.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

"70s were a great time" - In some ways yes from my experience growing up in the seventies, but in many ways not. There is so much more access to information now and I think the new generations are more on the ball and not stuck in their local town mindset. One thing I find disappointing is how some folks bash the new generations for various reasons (entitlement seems to be the mantra these days). All my children and their friends seem to be much or accepting of differences in people, and more open minded all around - not to mention they DON'T have any entitlement issues. They're working hard to survive like most of us.

I think it's much harder for the new generations than our generation from the 70s in regards to employment and the cost of things. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by slang; 2019-Nov-30 at 08:37 AM. Reason: banned for spam in another post

I need to make my future posts reviewed first. Thanks.
    Ok my request got rejected because it is out-of-bounds.

I can follow up with PMs but I won’t spam people so please initiate the conversation first. Thanks.