Thread: Hypothetical Universe

Hypothetical Universe

As some are aware, I am working on a hypothetical universe. When I am calculating the gravitational field, the gravitational force has a number that has a positive value all the way to the center. The value goes up to the edge of the universe to double the force that it is at the center. Usually, when one calculates the gravitational force using the shell integration, the mass only on the inside of the last shell counts towards the gravitational force. Outside the shell, all the mass cancels out gravitational force. Is there a mechanism where the gravity outside the shell would pull on the mass and pull it out of its orbit. What I am asking is there a possible mechanism to pull all mass towards the edge of the universe? When I calculate the orbital velocity of a mass in this universe, it turns out to be faster than the orbital velocity. The faster velocity comes from the Lorentz factor on the mass within the spheres shell. I'm wondering if this is a real effect, or would some other part relativity cancel out this velocity.
    This seems to be some similar effect to what dark energy would be.
    Anyone have thoughts about the math?
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    What I am asking is there a possible mechanism to pull all mass towards the edge of the universe?
    Not evenly in all directions, no. A single large mass could pull stuff in one direction. Any asymmetrical distribution of mass would not completely cancel out.

The faster velocity comes from the Lorentz factor on the mass within the spheres shell.
    You cannot use special relativity to calculate the extra gravitational mass in that naive way. You have to use GR. (And, I gather, that is not at all simple.)

Closed pending moderator discussion.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)