Thread: Network Liquid...Graphene Putty

Network Liquid...Graphene Putty

Some substances are network solids, and some are not quite solid, so they can be network liquids. An interesting one to make is graphene putty, as it conducts electricity if the % graphene is around 9-13 % for the platelets used. The author comments about "a solution for which a problem does not exist" in the history of development. All materials sources are listed. Assembly is at room temperature. Caution for the methanol contact risk, it is hazardous. Can you find the problem it solves? SEE:https://arxiv.org/pdf/1912.02116.pdf

pete

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    early microphones used carbon, maybe this can revisit many kinds of pressure transducer. I note that enclosed rubbers serve this role (example very tough railway transducers) so enclosed graphene putty might find a use. ?
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Quote Originally Posted by trinitree88 View Post
    The author comments about "a solution for which a problem does not exist" in the history of development.
    I remember when lasers were described that way.

Perhaps a use could be found wherever mechanical contact switches are used. For example door or window sensors could use it to complete a circuit, attitude sensors could be designed to compress it and complete circuits in certain circumstances. Or for easy monitoring of pressurised seals etc. (not the mammal variety )

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    we discussed possible replacement of pitot tubes in the Lion thread. This stuff would make an ideal pressure transistor for many such applications . just as the rubber putty launched as a toy, many such technologies get started as toys. If exquisitely sensitive as claimed it also can be the basis of accelerometers.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G