Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hubble constant question

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Ok I get it I think so basically the u inverse is only between 12.8 to 13.8 billion years old.

Now the caliculations for the end of the universe stated billions of years from now take the current age of the universe as there factor for producing these conclusions.

According to this we are at the end of our universe

http://vixra.org/pdf/1912.0358v3.pdf
    Just so you are aware... Vixra has no quality or review requirements. Anyone can post anything there, with no requirement that it is accurate or s scientific. It may be formatted like a scientific paper but if something is published there it usually means that no one else would publish it.

Basically the odds of that paper being unscientific nonsense are very high. So worrying about anything they say is very probably pointless.

So basically I understand but what I mean is from our current understanding and calculations scientists say the universe will last for atleast another 2.8 billion years the Hubble constant does not play a role in that understanding then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    So basically I understand but what I mean is from our current understanding and calculations scientists say the universe will last for atleast another 2.8 billion years the Hubble constant does not play a role in that understanding then.
    The mainstream view is that the universe will last at least another 100 trillion years, and perhaps forever. It is possible that some new physics will be discovered that changes this view, but it hasn't been yet.
    Forming opinions as we speak

Thank you all for your information I understand so much better now.

Well guess I am safe for my lifetime from the universe atleast and should pay my credit cards bill lol

Thanks again everyone this has been a great learning experience