Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw data error

Raw data error

Anyone else get the issue Raw data error from time to time. It seems to happen to me often.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Anyone else get the issue Raw data error from time to time. It seems to happen to me often.
    I cannot tell what sort of situation you are discussing here. Could you give us some more details?

Sorry meant on this site Rae data database error

Is this on an iPad or iPhone? I think it is the same intermittent issue mentioned here:

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthr...-forum-outages

Anyway, using an iPad on this site you can get a message sometimes that it “cannot decode raw data”. Windows gives different messages, but it happens when those database errors come up.
    Last edited by Van Rijn; 2020-Jan-14 at 06:32 AM.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

It just happened to me again. Is it an issue on my end, a problem with the site or is it an admin who takes the site down to delete posts that do not fall under standards?

I wonder how many of my posts got deleted, well at least I was able to see pictures of Trebuchets new house on another forum.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

It just happened to me again. Is it an issue on my end, a problem with the site or is it an admin who takes the site down to delete posts that do not fall under standards?
    The problem seems to be completely or mostly at the CQ end; though we don't know exactly what yet.

It has nothing to do with deleting posts; the only posts that are routinely deleted are spam, and that has no noticeably effect on general users.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I was just joking for the first part of the quote.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Been really slow and/or unavailable this morning.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I notice the past few days have been on and off problems

I am getting "Database Error" quite a lot, seemingly at random - not sure whether this is the same thing.

Not using a mobile device, for what it's worth.
    No, your face is a logical fallacy!

I expect it is the same issue that has been occurring for months. I get it off and on too. I didn’t see it for some time, but have seen it more in the last few days.

I hope it isn’t a failing hard drive on a server, or if it is, I hope they have backups.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Got it last night on my laptop. Weird
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Three times in the last week.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Out of curiosity, is anyone not using an iPad or iPhone (and probably the Safari browser) ever seeing “cannot decode raw data”? Is it always “database error” or hang ups?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Out of curiosity, is anyone not using an iPad or iPhone (and probably the Safari browser) ever seeing “cannot decode raw data”? Is it always “database error” or hang ups?
    I am almost always using Chrome on a PC (Win 10) and I have never seen "cannot decode raw data". I have not seen any increase in "database error" which does pop up from time to time, but never enough to cause me trouble. I just hit reload/refresh and it almost always loads fine.

CJSF
    "Off went his rocket at the speed of light
    Flying so fast there was no day or night
    Messing around with the fabric of time
    He knows who's guilty 'fore there's even a crime

Davy, Davy Crockett
    The buckskin astronaut
    Davy, Davy Crockett
    There's more than we were taught"

-They Might Be Giants, "The Ballad Of Davy Crockett (In Outer Space)"

lonelybirder.org

Firefox on Windows and never had the problem.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Chrome on Windows and have had the database errors on and off all day long, though they usually only last a couple of seconds.

I don't think it is a browser thing.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Just had a bit of trouble trying to post something, system froze. I don't think it's my computer laptop or browser.

I am on iPhone and safari but have used chrome and same issue in my android device with chrome

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I expect the “raw data” error message is specific to iOS, maybe specific to Safari, but I was curious if maybe it wasn’t. It only comes up sometimes for me. I see the ‘Database error” page from the site more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    Firefox on Windows and never had the problem.
    Hi Gillian. Are you talking about the “raw data” error alone, or do you mean you also aren’t having hangups and seeing the database error message?

If it is all of them, then perhaps you aren’t accessing the site often? The number of database errors and hang ups has really increased for me recently. I hadn’t noticed them for a long time when Sinbad started the thread, but that has changed.

Usually the hangups are just short pauses, but sometimes I have to wait a minute or two and reload.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Incidentally, had another database error posting that message.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I constantly have them for some reason

Question

Just got this first image from clicking on "What's New?" and the second image when trying to post this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	24846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	24847  

Wait, where are my images? Try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	24848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	24849  

I constantly have them for some reason
    It’s really bad today. I wouldn’t be shocked if there were an extended outage before long.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    Just got this first image from clicking on "What's New?" and the second image when trying to post this.
    Ok, if I could offer an observation. Just moments before this happened to Roger, I went to the Community tab and clicked Members and attempted to sort by posts. Then I got the same error in Roger's second picture. Is there any possibility that something is running (like a user, or some sort of query) against user info which is killing the site's performance to the point of errors? I believe that the top level domain is connect to forum user names for the citizen science stuff.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, that I happened to be on the site at the same time as Roger and saw the same thing for different reasons. I just think user data is helpful when sorting out glitches.
    Solfe

Curiously, since posting to this thread, now I am getting a "Database Error" much more frequently both at home and at work!

CJSF
    "Off went his rocket at the speed of light
    Flying so fast there was no day or night
    Messing around with the fabric of time
    He knows who's guilty 'fore there's even a crime

Davy, Davy Crockett
    The buckskin astronaut
    Davy, Davy Crockett
    There's more than we were taught"

-They Might Be Giants, "The Ballad Of Davy Crockett (In Outer Space)"

lonelybirder.org

I have had a few in the past few days, and they usually clear up in seconds or at worst minutes. Go figure.

I am having no problems at all, but I only check once a day of late.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"