Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is amazing pictures from start of universe

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Exactly.

(Well, unless something unknown and unexpected happens!)
    So basically nothing that we are expecting or nothing that should cause us concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    So basically nothing that we are expecting or nothing that should cause us concern?
    Exactly.

So nothing to worry about we foresee that is different in our lifetime that could have happened in the far past or far future

So why can’t these articles just say that. I have been under the impression that something was coming that no one can explain in our lifetimes. Am I wrong?

... I have been under the impression that something was coming that no one can explain in our lifetimes. Am I wrong?
    Yes.
    Forming opinions as we speak

So why can’t these articles just say that. I have been under the impression that something was coming that no one can explain in our lifetimes. Am I wrong?
    I think you have a tendency to read more into these articles than is there. There is nothing in the article you linked that says that anything new is coming. Nor does it say there is something that no one can explain. And it doesn't say that anything is happening in our lifetime.

It does say that the CMB was detected by accident. But it wasn't a surprise. It was expected and people looking for it would have found it sooner or later.

It is quite exciting that in my lifetime we had one model of the universe (static and unchanging) replaced by another (expanding). And since then, we have had further refinements such as determining the age more accurately and finding out that expansion is accelerating. This is what makes science exciting (but sometimes rather slow).

So nothing about the universe to worry about or that we foresee that is different in our lifetime that could have happened in the far past or in the future besides the billions of years from now fate that is predicted.

Thank you all for helping me understand. My lack of understanding all different articles about the universe always make me feel that we should have a concern. Luckily everyone here has patience and helps me understand my assumptions are just due to lack of knowledge which causes fear

Looking forward to living the rest of my life and paying all my bill. Lol

Thank you all again.
    Last edited by Sinbad; 2020-Jan-23 at 06:58 PM.