Thread: 2020 The Beginning of THE END By Ernest Giro

2020 The Beginning of THE END By Ernest Giro

Anyone ever read this book or here of it

How valid is it

There are endless people claiming that some year or other is going to be the end of the world, based on some sort of myth, numerology or pseudoscience. I doubt this one is any different.

(In case, you haven't noticed, despite thousands of years of such predictions, the world hasn't ended.)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    There are endless people claiming that some year or other is going to be the end of the world, based on some sort of myth, numerology or pseudoscience. I doubt this one is any different.

(In case, you haven't noticed, despite thousands of years of such predictions, the world hasn't ended.)
    All what you say is exactly correct, but the world will end sometime, although I don't know when or how.

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    All what you say is exactly correct, but the world will end sometime, although I don't know when or how.
    Perhaps when we are least expecting it.

I've never heard of the book nor Ernest Giro

I couldn't find out about it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble, but I found a link on something called lulu (LINK)

Have you ever wondered how many things are coming upon us in this NEW YEAR 2020? Or perhaps you have wanted to know which SPECIAL events will take place this year and what kind of
    NATURAL disasters will occur and continue to occur?
    There is so much SPECULATION out there! RIGHT? So many conjectures and IDEAS of what may HAPPEN and take place in this 2020! This INCREDIBLE year of 2020 will usher in THE
    BEGINNING OF THE END! It seems that beginning this year we are going to see and experience more natural disasters, FAMINE, epidemics and viruses and WORLD WAR! God called me to be a WATCHMAN and to sound the ALARM! It is He who has “Declared the END from the Beginning” (Isaiah, 46:10). And so it is the sole purpose and intent of this book to SHOW YOU and to REVEAL and DISCLOSE to YOU “THE PROPHETIC EVENTS” THAT WILL TAKE PLACE SOON!
    It sounds like nonsense to me.

Sinbad, I don't want to tell you how to run your life, but looking at this thread, and a lot of your questions in Q&A, you seem rather fixated on the end of the world. If you look for bad news, you'll find it; maybe think about focusing on other things.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I predict that the world will on May 14th UT in the year 8,978,501,277.

It's a self-published book, on a topic publishers find generally pretty lucrative.
    It's written by a self-styled "radio show host, minister and modern day PROPHET of God".
    Its theme is laid out adequately in the Introduction:
    Are we at the verge of TOTAL annihilation and COSMOCIDE? This INCREDIBLE year of 2020 will usher in THE BEGINNING OF THE END!
    It seems that beginning this year we are going to see and experience more natural disasters, FAMINE, epidemics and viruses and WORLD WAR! God called me to be a WATCHMAN and to sound the ALARM! It is He who has "Declared the END from the Beginning" (Isaiah, 46:10).
    And so it is the sole purpose and intent of this book to SHOW YOU and to REVEAL and DISCLOSE to YOU "THE PROPHETIC EVENTS" THAT WILL TAKE PLACE SOON!
    (Author's emphasis and punctuation throughout.)

I dunno, seems to me like there might be something to it.

Grant Hutchison

I survived the Cuban Missile Crisis, Comet Kohoutek, Able Archer, 2012, and disco, so I say 2020 will be fine.

Also, when we talk about the end of the world, do we mean the USA, or human civilization, or the entire Earth, or the universe, or what? What are we talking about here?
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    I survived the Cuban Missile Crisis, Comet Kohoutek, Able Archer, 2012, and disco, so I say 2020 will be fine.

Also, when we talk about the end of the world, do we mean the USA, or human civilization, or the entire Earth, or the universe, or what? What are we talking about here?
    Y2K! You've forgotten Y2K!

I'll be 72 later this year so there's a moderate chance I won't be around to see 2021. But most people probably will.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Y2K! You've forgotten Y2K!

I'll be 72 later this year so there's a moderate chance I won't be around to see 2021. But most people probably will.
    Y2K is especially annoying for me, since I was involved in Y2K mitigation, and the press, even some pundits I thought understood the industry and had some familiarity with programming, said and wrote wrong and incredibly misleading things. They kept getting things wrong, even after Y2K.

Yes, there were real issues that would have caused problems if not corrected. Many of those problems would have started a year or more before Y2K because a lot of software uses future dates. By the time Y2K rolled around pretty much everything had been fixed or didn’t matter and we KNEW that.

Afterwords, there were pundits saying it had never been a big deal at all. That was as wrong as the rest of nonsense they spewed. No, civilization wouldn’t have ended, but without mitigation there would have been a lot of serious problems. It’s just that everyone in the industry knew the mitigation must be done, and it was, most of it years before Y2K rolled around.

No, I am not bitter or anything.

Anyway, I take that as an example of a case where there was a real issue that really wasn’t very hard to understand on a technical level, yet for years we were subject to nonsense in the press about it, even from sources people generally assumed were reliable. Then the conspiracy theorists took that up to 11.

But you also get a lot of claims from nobodies about bizarre conspiracy theories that are never picked up by the regular press because even they can tell it is nonsense. This appears to be in this second category.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Perhaps when we are least expecting it.
    That would always be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Y2K is especially annoying for me, since I was involved in Y2K mitigation ...
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Y2K is especially annoying for me, since I was involved in Y2K mitigation, and the press, even some pundits I thought understood the industry and had some familiarity with programming, said and wrote wrong and incredibly misleading things. They kept getting things wrong, even after Y2K.
    I was likewise involved in Y2K mitigation, and I agree entirely with what you've written here about it. I just wanted you to know that at least someone shares your misery.
    Conserve energy. Commute with the Hamiltonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I was likewise involved in Y2K mitigation, and I agree entirely with what you've written here about it. I just wanted you to know that at least someone shares your misery.
    Yep, even as a small business guy, I had written a number of programs tailored to the business in dBase III+ -- a semi-professional language to avoid having to learn C+, on which is was based -- and it only took about one hour to write and implement a simple and short algorithm to avoid any Y2K effects. If I could do it, the pros could do it quicker, though implementation would be much more involved.

Negative news, of course, sells stories and if it's scientific but only 1% valid, then it sells because too many journalist are into science by that same percentage.

If the better journalist would seek the real story, including coming here, then it would be a better Beginning of the End (to inaccurate hype), perhaps.
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.

OK, enough about Y2K. Let's stick with the Giro book. If there is nothing else to say about it, then we can just stop.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Here is a link to the book itself, by way of Google Books.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Ef...20Giro&f=false

It's religious and based on the Book of Revelation, so that concludes my involvement in discussing it. Not worth it.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Yep, from that earlier quote, I expected it would bring up Revelation. I have never seen a (Christian) religion based end of the world claim that didn’t.

And that also takes it out of subjects we can discuss here, even if we had an interest (I don’t). All I will say is that it is obvious it is not a scientifically based argument supported by empirical evidence.

Sinbad, if you want to discuss it or be more likely to find someone that read it, I would suggest going to a religious forum.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I predict that the world will on May 14th UT in the year 8,978,501,277.
    Dang it! I had plans.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Dang it! I had plans.
    Can you get your deposit back?
    A: "Things that are equal to the same are equal to each other"
    B: "The two sides of this triangle are things that are equal to the same"
    C: "If A and B are true, Z must be true"
    D: "If A and B and C are true, Z must be true"
    E: "If A and B and C and D are true, Z must be true"

Therefore, Z: "The two sides of this triangle are equal to each other"

The topic of this thread is a book mentioned in OP. It's is NOT a fun&games thread to make the same joke attempts that end up in every other "end of world" related thread.

As there is no Conspiracy Theory or science related to it being discussed, this thread is closed. If there is sufficient reason to reopen, please report this post.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice