Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life-Changing Experiences

Speaking of things that didn't happen and changed your life:

-I wanted to become a fighter pilot. But my legs are too long and my eyes were just not 20/20.
    -So I wanted to become an army helicopter pilot. But by the time I was 18, my eyes were already on the limit for that too.
    -So I wanted to become airliner pilot. I received my information package precisely 1 day after 9/11...

Soooo I went into aerospace engineering. Tried to get into the previous round of ESA astronaut hiring as I was top 3 of aircraft control in simulators, but I wasn't allowed because I'm left handed. So I finished aerospace engineering and went to work on naval simulators.

The rest of it mainly has been life running its course, with a few LCE's for the worse on the mental front. Currently also going through a bad episode in the professional life, but luckily I've been financially wise enough for it not to really impact our family life.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    Tried to get into the previous round of ESA astronaut hiring as I was top 3 of aircraft control in simulators, but I wasn't allowed because I'm left handed.
    (Cue The Princess Bride reference)

Seriously, it sucks that such a simple thing kept you from that!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Especially since the flight simulator test which I topped was with a right-handed stick.

Now of course, being left-handed is what kept me from getting into the first round of the selection process. Nothing guarantees that I'd made it far if I were right handed.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.