Thread: Anyone interested in proofreading my Betelgeuse script?

Anyone interested in proofreading my Betelgeuse script?

I hate to do this again, but it seems I have two options: stick to topics I know about and get ignored, or focus on topics I don't know anything about that people actually want to watch.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxicality View Post
    I hate to do this again, but it seems I have two options: stick to topics I know about and get ignored, or focus on topics I don't know anything about that people actually want to watch.
    What script and what venue, here or Youtube?
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.

On Youtube. I may have to revise it as it seems ESA may have figured out what is going on.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

My interest is piqued but I don't know what you mean by 'script'. OK, presumably, it is the script for the video you're going to shoot.
    But what's the nature of the content? Are we talking fiction, primer or PSA?

Like most of my content, it's a wide-ranging ramble on the topic of Betelgeuse, its history, it's makeup, and the possibility that it might blow up at some conceivable point in the future. My main concern with these scripts is that I am not by stretch of the imagination a scientist and I need to make sure that the information I'm presenting is scientifically accurate.

Stephen Colbert.

Why not post a copy of the script here, or post a link to it? Then lots of us could examine it and give you some feedback?

Well, I haven't published it yet, so it would be chancy to post it in an open forum.

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxicality View Post
    Well, I haven't published it yet...
    So what exactly are you asking?

CJSF
    "Off went his rocket at the speed of light
    Flying so fast there was no day or night
    Messing around with the fabric of time
    He knows who's guilty 'fore there's even a crime

Davy, Davy Crockett
    The buckskin astronaut
    Davy, Davy Crockett
    There's more than we were taught"

-They Might Be Giants, "The Ballad Of Davy Crockett (In Outer Space)"

lonelybirder.org

I just sent KenG a fragment of my script in a PM. I just thought it would be less intrusive to ask on the main forum instead of badgering people individually.

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    So what exactly are you asking?

CJSF
    He is clearly asking to privately send the script to specific parties who will be willing to assure him of discretion, rather than put an open link for anyone who stumbles on it to pilfer.