Thread: Aliens

Aliens

Will we make contact with Aliens ?..Possibly...After all UFO’s are rubbish..Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caper123 View Post
    Will we make contact with Aliens ?
    There is no way to say at this point.

..Possibly...After all UFO’s are rubbish..Really ?
    Not rubbish. After all, that only means “Unidentified Flying Object.” Any flying object that remains unidentified is a UFO. (In practice it also often includes things that aren’t actually flying, like reflections on a window and other optical effects that can look like physical objects to the eye.)

The real issue is if any FO is an ET spacecraft and I have seen no good evidence for that, despite a lot of claims.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Will we make contact with Aliens ?..Possibly...After all UFO’s are rubbish..Really ?
    Welcome to the Forum.

The answer is literally incalculable. We have no data to base it on. All we can say is, we know life exists, so it's not 100% impossible for there to be alien life.

The Universe is vastly large in time and space. Our awareness still only encompasses a tiny fraction of that existence.

We may (or may not) someday detect evidence of alien life by radio telescopes. But crossing the unimaginable gulfs between the stars and coming here physically? Even for advanced technologies, that's very hard. We have no proof right now that any extraterrestrial life even exists. And certainly no reason to think intelligent beings have ever come here.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Not sure how you's are missing it but contact was made a long time ago. It is that the governments have been hiding it from us. I take it yous haven't seen the documentary by the Disclosure Project. It is on Netflix now. There was even a big thing about it on CSPAN not long ago. But then again I guess not many people watch CSPAN.lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth101 View Post
    Not sure how you's are missing it but contact was made a long time ago. It is that the governments have been hiding it from us. I take it yous haven't seen the documentary by the Disclosure Project. It is on Netflix now. There was even a big thing about it on CSPAN not long ago. But then again I guess not many people watch CSPAN.lol!
    Thoth101

If you are going to advocate a position that the government is hiding secrets about aliens from us, you will have to do so in our Conspiracy Theory (CT) forum. I strongly suggest you review our rules (link in my signature)
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth101 View Post
    We have discussed Steven Greer and the disclosure project on this board more than once. Short version, it’s long on unsupported claims and short on evidence. I haven’t seen much reason to take it (or Greer) seriously. But if you have some evidence to present, if you would like to start a thread, I would be interested to see what you have.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

is the universe create by elemental aliens or higher beings? like we are in a virtual simulation? is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by evan john aban View Post
    is the universe create by elemental aliens or higher beings? like we are in a virtual simulation? is it possible?
    We have no evidence of any of that. There's literally zero information with which to determine possibility.

Anything we might dream up 'is possible' I suppose .. The trick is to make the idea useful .. which is where science (and its evidence) comes in. Science has tested/demonstrable limits on what's physically possible. The idea of the universe being some kind of virtual simulation isn't useful for anything in science, because it isn't testable.

... is it possible?
    I'd like to distinguish between "possible" and "not ruled out yet".
    Forming opinions as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by antoniseb View Post
    Sort of the space between pure, unexpressed ideas and ideas deselected by Occam's Razor, maybe(?) .. Ie: The Razor itself, may be that distinction(?)

Quote Originally Posted by antoniseb View Post
    Yes. Science is not in the business of determining what's possible or impossible in the absence of information. Science confirms or denies data and observation.