Thread: How does one unjoin cosmoquest?

How does one unjoin cosmoquest?

How does one unjoin cosmoquest?
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Quit posting, unsubscribe to all threads, don't open the forum ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    Quit posting, unsubscribe to all threads, don't open the forum ever again.
    I don't want any association any more.
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Then as bknight suggested, simply don't associate with CQ anymore. But if I understand the question you're really asking: no, there is no means of "unjoining" that will remove or hide your former association with CQ. To do so would disrupt every thread in which you posted.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

What's happened? If some of us have treated you poorly, is it really unmendable? I've gotten ticked off and taken a couple of hiatuses (word?) to reset my perspective and expectations. I also almost never visit certain forums and treads, much to my better mental health. Maybe you can do the same?

CJSF
    "Off went his rocket at the speed of light
    Flying so fast there was no day or night
    Messing around with the fabric of time
    He knows who's guilty 'fore there's even a crime

Davy, Davy Crockett
    The buckskin astronaut
    Davy, Davy Crockett
    There's more than we were taught"

-They Might Be Giants, "The Ballad Of Davy Crockett (In Outer Space)"

lonelybirder.org

I unjoin every now and then, good for the mental health (when I've been a dork), but I can't stay away for long. I MUST have CosmoQuest's intellectual stimulation.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

A member once told me he "poured concrete" in his account, typing in a long random string of characters he couldn't ever remember as his new password, copying the string for the "repeat new password" box, then logging out and clearing the clipboard. He figured the ignominy of ever asking am mod/admin for a reset of his password would forever keep him from rejoining.

Of course, sockpuppetry is not tolerated here. So creating a new account wasn't an option. Although I suspect lying low for a while moving to a different state/country, creating a duplicate identity and generally keeping out of discussions one had formerly taken part in might just do the trick and fool the watchdogs.

If that isn't enough for you, well, indeed the board won't forget you. And why should it, really? You posted your posts for everyone to read, so they stay here. And throwing a tantrum just in order to have your name written in smaller script, struck out and with "Banned" written under it? Nah!

Lastly, you MIGHT just change your opinion over time. Good to have a door back in for which you own the key.

You could always post something that would get you banned forever............now that's not a recommendation, but it does sound like it ;-). Take a break, it does one good no matter the website/forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arneb View Post
    A member once told me he "poured concrete" in his account, typing in a long random string of characters he couldn't ever remember as his new password, copying the string for the "repeat new password" box, then logging out and clearing the clipboard. He figured the ignominy of ever asking am mod/admin for a reset of his password would forever keep him from rejoining.
    I did that once out of embarrassment, but I figured out how to rejoin again later. It was worth it.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    I unjoin every now and then, good for the mental health (when I've been a dork), but I can't stay away for long. I MUST have CosmoQuest's intellectual stimulation.
    When I wanted to do this, I asked the mods to ban me. That way I wouldn't be tempted to just take a quick peek.

I lasted two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    You could always post something that would get you banned forever............now that's not a recommendation, but it does sound like it ;-).
    “BOY THAT GENGHIS KHAN HAD SOME PRETTY GOOD IDEAS!”

/obscurereference
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

Buy the forum and shut it down. Everything has a price.

OK, I think we're done here.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules