Thread: Space: Science & Technology Journal

Space: Science & Technology Journal

"AAAS announces new Science Partner Journal, Space: Science & Technology"

Hope fully with the launch of this journal we will get more Chinese research papers on space published in English.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-aan082720.php

The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is pleased to announce the launch of new Science Partner Journal, Space: Science & Technology, published in affiliation with the Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT). BIT cooperates with China Academy of Space Technology (CAST) which is affiliated with China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) in managing the journal.

Space: Science & Technology's mission is to promote the exploration and research of space worldwide, to lead the rapid integration and technological breakthroughs of interdisciplinary sciences in the space field, and to build a high-level academic platform for discussion, cooperation, technological progress, and information dissemination among professional researchers, engineers, scientists, and scholars. The journal's scope includes space science, space technology, and space infrastructure and services as three major domains. Categories of manuscripts include research articles, review articles, editorials, rapid reports, and perspectives.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

Very good

Quote Originally Posted by selvaarchi View Post
    "AAAS announces new Science Partner Journal, Space: Science & Technology"

Hope fully with the launch of this journal we will get more Chinese research papers on space published in English.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-aan082720.php
    I want to be a little bit critical of this, and please understand that this is from someone who is very much a proponent of more exposure for Chinese and other Asian researchers. In fact, I wrote an opinion piece for Nature Reviews Physics about the barriers that non-English speakers, particularly Asians, have to publishing in international journals. And to be honest, I have been approached by publishers (not AAAS, but similar groups) about the possibility of publishing a partner journal. And I really don't think it's the best way, because of the impression that those journals might be sub-par because they are sponsored by a large organization, essentially buying the AAAS, or Nature, or Elsevier name value. I think a better way is for the journals to actively reach out to scientists in Asian countries (they do, but perhaps could do more) and to have editors on staff who are sensitive to language issues, for example (for example, Chinese native speaking editors who might be able to look at a submission and understand what the person meant to say, helping to understand the importance of the science).
    As above, so below

Another scientific publication within the scope of the "Science Partner Journals" became available in English - Journal of Remote Sensing

https://spj.sciencemag.org/journals/remotesensing/

The Journal of Remote Sensing is an online-only Open Access Science Partner Journal published in affiliation with Aerospace Information Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences (AIR-CAS) and distributed by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).

Like all partners participating in the Science Partner Journal programme, the "Journal of Remote Sensing" is editorially independent from the Science family of journals and AIR-CAS is responsible for all content published in the journal.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)