Thread: Paranormal Caught on Camera

Paranormal Caught on Camera

Anyone watching this show? It's on the Travel Channel and usually aires on Sundays and Wednesdays but episodes can also be watched anytime on their website. It's like "America's Funniest Home Videos" but a bit more creepy. People send in their videos and stories to include the when, where, how, etc details of what was caught on camera, sometimes personal captures on their cell phones or from surveillance cameras involving a multitude of apparitions, ufos, bigfoots, etc.

There's a panel of skeptics who try to give possible explanations of what's been recorded but mostly they are stumped. Some of these recording are pretty spooky esp the ones involving "ghosts" of all types, which supposedly could be faked but nevertheless they're still creepy. Hey, it's late October, time for some scary stuff ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    Anyone watching this show? It's on the Travel Channel and usually aires on Sundays and Wednesdays but episodes can also be watched anytime on their website. It's like "America's Funniest Home Videos" but a bit more creepy. People send in their videos and stories to include the when, where, how, etc details of what was caught on camera, sometimes personal captures on their cell phones or from surveillance cameras involving a multitude of apparitions, ufos, bigfoots, etc.

There's a panel of so-called skeptics who try to give possible explanations of what's been recorded but mostly they are stumped know who is paying them. Some of these recording are pretty spooky esp the ones involving "ghosts" of all types, which supposedly could be faked but nevertheless they're still creepy. Hey, it's late October, time for some scary stuff ;-)
    Fixed that for you.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Yeah, thatís pretty much why I donít watch shows like that. I would be interested if they did something like YouTubeís Captain Disillusion where they had serious skeptics with areas of expertise to cover these things, but if they usually claim to be stumped, either they shouldnít be there or are paid to be ignorant. Incidentally, Captain Disillusion usually covers computer graphics special effects on videos that purport to show alien spaceships and various supernatural effects. He also adds his own FX along with a fair amount of humor. His videos can be very entertaining, though they can spoil effects for you since youíll have a better idea of how some common tricks are done. I fully expect he would rarely be stumped by videos claimed to show supernatural events.

I often enjoy spooky fantasy shows, but I canít handle ones claimed to be serious (but obviously arenít). It just takes all the fun out of it for me.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Coincidentally, we recently saw a picture with a "ghost" supposedly taken at a Scout cabin where my niece and nephew attend. It was creepy to look at, but oddly clear and sharp in blowup. My niece actually had nightmares about it.

Turns out, of course, it was a prank by one of the Scouts. Photoshopped an old image of Harriet Tubman onto a shadow.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

There are interesting atmospheric effects here and there—Strange Evidence and the Weather Channel often show the same videos