Thread: Firefly Aerospace's Alpha rocket

Firefly Aerospace's Alpha rocket

"Rocket builder Firefly Aerospace aims for first launch from California in late December, CEO says"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/fire...-december.html

Firefly Aerospace currently plans for its maiden Alpha rocket launch to happen as early as Dec. 22, co-founder and CEO Tom Markusic told CNBC, as his company prepares for the next major milestone in its plan to offer a variety of space transportation services.

Markusic is confident in the launch date because of the “rigid” requirements of Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, where Firefly is finishing up work to prepare the launchpad at SLC-2. While “everything is susceptible to surprises,” with room in the schedule to launch as late as Jan. 31, Markusic said the “full gamut of rules” at Vandenberg means the company has put extra work into certification for Alpha’s first launch.

“We took the hard route to flight, and that was by going to a launch range that has very strict requirements,” Markusic said. “So our design has been highly vetted, as we have a lot of requirements that are put on us by the range and that makes the rocket ultimately more reliable.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

"New rocket, Firefly's Alpha, may be ready to launch by April"

https://www.spacedaily.com/reports/N...April_999.html

Texas-based Firefly Aerospace plans to launch its new Alpha rocket from California in April and send a lunar lander to the moon by 2023.

The 95-foot-high launch vehicle is designed to lift satellite payloads that weigh just over a ton into low-Earth orbit, or slightly lighter loads to a higher orbit.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

I assume they are marketing it as the best rocket in the 'Verse.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules