A two-parter, if that's okay?

As is often the case, I find myself debunking pseudoscience! Currently on the radar is one Pierre-Marie Robitaille. Yep, him of the liquid metallic hydrogen (LMH) Sun, and the oceans being responsible for the CMB. What's not to believe?

Two questions that have arisen in discussions with his fanboys that are not necessarily easy to find in the literature. They are at such a low-level that they would most likely be found in textbooks. I think I know the answers, but let's assume for the sake of the aforementioned fanboys, that I need it spelling out in terms that even an idiot could understand. Any references would be a bonus.

1) In the Kinetic Theory of Gases (KToG), the gas pressure is calculated assuming a 2D surface from which we can work out the pressure from P = F/A. Robitaille claims that a real solid surface is required! Otherwise the gas just expands into the vacuum. I kid you not. Pointing out that the Sun proves this to be wrong is pointless, as he thinks it is a giant ball of LMH! I have even found and linked a good paper saying that this surface can be 'imaginary'. However, the retort is that it is an imaginary surface within an already bound (by solid surfaces) gas!
So, the question is - can the KToG be applied to a totally unbound mass of gas? For the sake of this question, let us assume a giant molecular cloud that is in virial equilibrium.

2) Another of Robitaille's claims is that his liquid Sun is proven by the observation of ripples in the photosphere. This was seen for the first time in 1996. I'm not sure on the rules re posting links, so if anybody is interested in this, look for this paper by Kosovichev & Zharkova (1998); 'X-ray flare sparks quake inside Sun'.

The claim is that such transverse waves cannot exist in plasma, and that they require conditions that are not present in the photosphere. I beg to differ, but an explanation from an actual plasma (astro)physicist might be handy!

Many thanks.