Thread: Another Government Official comes out (ETs are real)

Another Government Official comes out (ETs are real)

I scanned several pages back to find a place to tack this new story but no thread seemed appropriate. Anyways, this former Israeli official seemed convinced that ETs have been here working with Us, waiting for the human race to prepare itself for acceptance of a new reality without running amuck (good luck at that). There have been various other government officials over the years presenting similar claims but without having a pound of alien flesh as exhibit-1 they get little to no traction.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-n...knows-n1250333

Perhaps my favorite part:

They [the aliens] signed a contract with us to do experiments here

While I could understand some kind of formalized agreement being recorded for everyone's understanding, using the term "contract" struck me as funny. As if there'd be a way to enforce it.

Puny Humans: Hey, you're in breach of contract!
    Aliens: Oh. Yeah. Whatever.
    Puny Humans: We'll take you to court!
    Aliens: Well, good luck with that.

I find things like this common in these stories whether they're delusional or fraudulent. It seems they just can't get past the hackneyed tropes of bad science fiction and their own lore to make a semi-credible story.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

A base on Mars?
    Makes you wonder why they spent billions of dollars on Spirit, Opportunity and Curiosity.

And, of course, no indication of how Eshed became party to all this Above Top Secret stuff--without that, he's just parroting the same tired old "Space Brothers think we can't handle the truth" narrative.
    Maybe it's all revealed in the book he's selling. I'm not holding my breath.

Grant Hutchison

I didn't realize that the thread title was truncated like that, thanks for checking it out ;-)

eta- oops, it may just be my "view" since I use 175x magnification for my eyesight.....never mind.

It's all part of the conspiracy.

I heard about this earlier, with someone jokingly asking where they might have heard of a galactic federation before (which wasnít exactly a new concept in science fiction when Star Trek used it).

I think something may have been lost in translation here, or at least I hope so: Ď"The Unidentified Flying Objects have asked not to publish that they are here, humanity is not ready yet," Haim Eshed, former head of Israel's Defense Ministry's space directorate, told Israel's newspaper.í

I didnít realize UFOs had such a degree of agency. Not, mind you, spacecraft with advanced AI, or ETs that can fly, but just plain old objects that fly but havenít been identified are telling us we canít handle seeing them. Never mind that people see things they canít identify on a regular basis and it hasnít destroyed civilization.

And then there is this: Ď"They have been waiting until today for humanity to develop and reach a stage where we will understand, in general, what space and spaceships are," Eshed said, referring to the galactic federation.í

It isnít enough that humanity has had spaceships that travel in space for decades, have had scientists studying space for centuries, and have interstellar and intergalactic spaceships in popular fiction? Yeesh, tough crowd.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    I didn't realize that the thread title was truncated like that, thanks for checking it out ;-)

eta- oops, it may just be my "view" since I use 175x magnification for my eyesight.....never mind.
    Yeah, I was going to say “Good for him, but why is an government official being gay in Conspiracy Theories?”
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroesí wings we fly!

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say “Good for him, but why is an government official being gay in Conspiracy Theories?”
    I wondered how a debutante had managed to secure a job in government.

Grant Hutchison

I thought Diana Ross had become a government official.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    I think something may have been lost in translation here, or at least I hope so: Ď"The Unidentified Flying Objects have asked not to publish that they are here, humanity is not ready yet," Haim Eshed, former head of Israel's Defense Ministry's space directorate, told Israel's newspaper
    I guess they will abduct him soon.