Thread: A slow start this morning

A slow start this morning

The forum seems to keep slowing down sporadically. It was worse an hour ago; I had to wait about 5 minutes to get on the site, lightening up now, but sill happens.

It's not my browser (Edge), I am having no trouble with other sites.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    The forum seems to keep slowing down sporadically. It was worse an hour ago; I had to wait about 5 minutes to get on the site, lightening up now, but sill happens.

It's not my browser (Edge), I am having no trouble with other sites.
    I'm running slow, too. It must be a general thing because I'm using the Chrome browser.
    Solfe

One-minute delays possible when clicking on an internal link to the site, but more often 10-20 seconds.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

It started sometime before midnight last night. I checked in maybe three times, it always took a long time for the board to respond, and I would go off to do something else while waiting. I was hoping it would resolve on its own by today, but apparently not. I wouldn’t be surprised if it needs a reboot. This isn’t a new thing.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I can't do anything about it, but I've messaged the Admins and maybe they can take a look.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Checking in and it seems a lot faster.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Seems fine this morning 12/26. No delays.

Very little if any delays, moving very fast.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Maybe the Christmas crunch? A lot of people were at home taxing the internet.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    Maybe the Christmas crunch? A lot of people were at home taxing the internet.

The internet can be very taxing at times, so fair's fair.

^^^ I was thinking the same, but this was the only site that on the slow side for me yesterday. Whatever the monkey wrench was the experts here took the monkey out of the wrench.