Thread: In Memoriam: Mira Furlan

In Memoriam: Mira Furlan

Mira Furlan, who portrayed Delenn on the series Babylon 5, has passed away.

JMS's statement is here.

I was always impressed by both Mira and the character she portrayed,
    Conserve energy. Commute with the Hamiltonian.

She also played Danielle Rousseau on Lost. She was a talented actress, a good person, and she'll be missed.

Her final statement:
    https://twitter.com/FurlanMira/statu...894976/photo/1
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Ah, thatís too bad. She was 65, so not that old. JMS has talked about the ďB5 curseĒ where a number of the main cast have died. Richard Biggs (played the doctor) died at 44 from an aortic tear. Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar) died at 59 (lung cancer). Jerry Doyle (Michael Garibaldi) at 60. Jeff Conaway (Zack Allan) at 60. Michael O'Hare (Jeffrey Sinclair) at 60. Stephen Furst (Vir Cotto) at 63.

Last time I watched the series after Jerry Doyle had died, and noted in a macabre way that there were a number of scenes with two dead actors in the scene, but I didnít see a scene with three at one time. However, now I expect a number of scenes would have three.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    I knew exactly what scene that would be. I can mostly recite it from memory.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

That is sad news. I enjoyed her performances in both Babylon 5 and Lost and have been catching up with her lately with the reviews of Babylon 5 on SF Debris. From the comments about her she seemed to have been a very nice and inspiring person.