Thread: From the Director's Keyboard: A New Age of Science [2021-01-25]

Exclamation From the Director's Keyboard: A New Age of Science [2021-01-25]

Director's notes, Julian Date 21024. These are the continuing adventures of the CosmoQuest community. Its ongoing mission: to map awesome known worlds, to seek out data and new observations, to boldly learn and do more science than before!

Ok, this week may have been the breath of relief that has me feeling kind of silly. There is a moon rock in the US President's Oval Office people. A moon rock. It is there as a reminder of the great things humans have accomplished and will continue to accomplish if only we can find it in ourselves "to lift our gazes not to what stands between us, but what stands before us. We close the divide because we know, to put our future first, we must first put our differences aside."*

Are you ready to see what happens when science is put first? I know I am.

This week we will possibly see a new hop test with the Starship SN9 prototype. I'm seeing pictures of JWST packed for shipping on social media and hope we'll get an update soon. We're now weeks away from new things trying to land on Mars. To be fair, all these things I'm excited about have the potential to explode (space is hard), but it's a nice change to be excited about the future.

It's a new age of science coming our way, one mission and one science loving politician at a time.

Space exploration - let's go!

In love and science,
    Pamela

*From Amanda Gorman's The Hill we Climb

Click here to view the entire CosmoQuest newsletter.
    Last edited by nancygraz; 2021-Feb-01 at 03:30 PM.