Thread: Magnetic Fields Help Shape the Formation of New Planets

Magnetic Fields Help Shape the Formation of New Planets

In all of scientific modeling, the models attempting to replicate planetary and solar system formation are some of the most complicated.* They are also notoriously difficult to develop.* Normally they center around one of two formative ideas: planets are shaped primarily by gravity or planets are shaped primarily by magnetism.* Now a new theoretical model …
    Continue reading "Magnetic Fields Help Shape the Formation of New Planets"
    The post Magnetic Fields Help Shape the Formation of New Planets appeared first on Universe Today.

More...

I thought that magnetic fields prevent growing planets from continuing to accumulate mass beyond a certain point. As a result, planets become rarer event

Quote Originally Posted by cannongray View Post
    I thought that magnetic fields prevent growing planets from continuing to accumulate mass beyond a certain point. As a result, planets become rarer event
    But once they reach a certain mass, gravity becomes the main driver of accumulation.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by cannongray View Post
    Iím not positive about this but I think one factor that stops planets from growing is that the parent star starts putting out a stellar wind that blow away the gas. But itís a very complicated process which is why they are using a supercomputer to help. I just happen to be working on a press release about star formation, so I might get some more hints.
    As above, so below