Thread: Lightning Strikes Helped Life get an Early Start on Earth

Lightning Strikes Helped Life get an Early Start on Earth

So, you want to create life? You’re going to need some ingredients first. On Earth four billion years ago, you might find some of those ingredients in the impact craters of asteroid strikes (as long as you don’t get blown up in the blast yourself). A safer place to look, according to new research from …
    Continue reading "Lightning Strikes Helped Life get an Early Start on Earth"
    The post Lightning Strikes Helped Life get an Early Start on Earth appeared first on Universe Today.

More...

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Sfunny, my Biology teacher taught that lightning idea in 1958, no doubt with less evidence back then. But I recall New Scientist reporting experiments with primeval soup and electric discharges before the internet age.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Well, if it was good enough for Dr Frankenstein's Monster....

However, this idea has its own nuances. In fact, the amount of phosphorus received from lightning strikes may have exceeded the amount of phosphorus from meteorite strikes about 3.5 billion years ago.