Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Here It Comes...Again

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hatch View Post
    Actually I AM having a hard time finding any of the Lab reports on "implants" that Leir refers to but here is one I did find.... An elemental and an isotopic analysis.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...IS?format=500w

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...pg?format=500w
    Looks like anything that would be expected from a random sample of common dirt. What provokes you to think it is somehow odd.

Grant Hatch, are you willing to entertain the thought that there could be non-extraterrestrial causes not accepted as mainstream, for the lights you saw? Or is your reluctance only to the dismissals offered by skeptics?
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    What kind of secret experimental aircraft the gubmint is playing with?
    Honestly I think that design of high-performance military aircraft has peaked. Peaked with the Century Series, actually.

We know what an optimal jet engine looks like, how to build one, and what it can do (and what it can't do). We know the optimal aerodynamic shapes. We know about the area rule. We know that an agile fighter that needs to be able to generate lift at low speeds and high angles of attack will want something along the lines of a delta wing, canards, or leading edge root extensions. The latest round of Eurocanard fighters (the Gripen, the Rafale, and the Typhoon) are just Century Series deltas built with modern materials and a full mastery of the aerodynamic challenges.

Further, we know what the optimal stealth shapes are, and the optimally-aerodynamic approximations of those shapes. We know about all the ways to reduce observability across various spectra, and the trade-offs inherent in them.

We know about ramjets and scramjets and their performance envelopes. We know about rotary wings and ducted fans and STOL and VTOL.

Therefore, I conclude that whatever secret experimental aircraft the government(s) of the world are developing, they will look almost exactly like the aircraft we already know about, give or take some incremental improvements in materials, sensors, or software.

This isn't like the old days, where a truly mind-blowing new design like the F-117 comes out of nowhere to revolutionize military air power. Whatever the government is working on right now, it's going to look a lot more like the F-15E/F improvement on the F-15, than like the SR-71. The next round of stealth fighters are just going to be incremental improvements on the current generation.

Probably the biggest surprise is going to be how far drone AIs have advanced, and how autonomous and adaptable the next-gen UAVs actually are.

But the planes themselves will perform about the same as the planes we already know about.

I once saw a flying saucer land in, or near, Epping Forest in Essex, UK. It was almost certainly an instrument package or sample return landing after a meteorological balloon flight.

Some UFO sightings are very convincing, but it is very difficult to remember them accurately, because human memory is very prone to post-hoc rationalisation.

I once glanced up and spotted a tiny speck in the sky. I got my binoculars out for a better look. It was a large spherical shaped object a hundred feet across, with a large instrument package hanging down. I watched for several minutes as it slowly descended and landed in a pasture about a kilometer away. I went to investigate. It was a small helium filled balloon. The instrument package was a post card from a local high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I once glanced up and spotted a tiny speck in the sky. I got my binoculars out for a better look. It was a large spherical shaped object a hundred feet across, with a large instrument package hanging down. I watched for several minutes as it slowly descended and landed in a pasture about a kilometer away. I went to investigate. It was a small helium filled balloon. The instrument package was a post card from a local high school.
    I think that's a great example of several things, including the term "UFO". Until you went to investigate it, it was literally a UFO. After you found it, it was identified. If you had not found it, it would have remained a UFO, but that doesn't make it suddenly a sign of an alien civilization visiting us.

The news is making a moderately big deal about the "UFO" videos the government has released. "Look, the government ADMITS that military personnel have seen UFOs!" Sure, they've seen something they couldn't identify. It means absolutely nothing more than that.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    The news is making a moderately big deal about the "UFO" videos the government has released. "Look, the government ADMITS that military personnel have seen UFOs!" Sure, they've seen something they couldn't identify. It means absolutely nothing more than that.
    I think a lot of the time it's actually less "couldn't identify", and more "didn't need to identify", "could identify but didn't bother", or "actually did identify but didn't bother to tell us that they'd identified it".

Tomorrow (5/16) on CBS's 60 Minutes there will be a new segment and recordings of more Navy encounters with UFO's off the coast of Virginia. Stay tuned, buying more popcorn today...

The ufo video they have been showing everywhere looks to me like a bug on the camera lens.

ďIt rotated!!Ē

Politico just published this article:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...entagon-491098

Elizondo Is claiming that the Pentagon is trying to discredit him, and through his lawyer (who himself is rather big on UFO claims) has filed a complaint. Elizondo said one official threatened to publicly call him crazy, and there are other amusing bits, like Elizondo saying DoD isnít taking the UFO claims seriously enough. Itís worth a read.

Of course, I donít think much of Elizondo and this all strikes me as rather predictable. Elizondo makes a lot of unsupported claims and is involved with the ďTo the StarsĒ institute, which made very clear they wanted to make money with entertainment shows.

There is supposed to be an unclassified DoD report on UAP/UFOs coming out soon. I expect it will be quite underwhelming and will disappoint the alien visitation proponents. Iíve had no doubt they would make accusations of a cover-up once it comes out. I expect Elizondo is getting onto it early.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser