Thread: Uranus X-Rays are Probably Reflected Sunlight, but There Could be Another Source as W

Uranus X-Rays are Probably Reflected Sunlight, but There Could be Another Source as W

X-rays offer a unique insight into the astronomical world.  Invisible to the naked eye, most commonly they are thought of as the semi-dangerous source of medical scans.  However, X-ray observatories, like the Chandra X-ray Observatory are capable of seeing astronomical features that no other telescope can.  Recently scientists found some of those X-rays coming from …
    Continue reading "Uranus X-Rays are Probably Reflected Sunlight, but There Could be Another Source as Well"
    The post Uranus X-Rays are Probably Reflected Sunlight, but There Could be Another Source as Well appeared first on Universe Today.

More...

I thought Uranus was where the Sun don't shine?

...I'll get my coat.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

My wife sent me this story via another science news site, I thought she was spoofing me :
    https://www.livescience.com/uranus-x...-detected.html

The headline was (not kidding) " Mysterious X-rays are flaring out of Uranus"

The Sun X-ray is very weak, especially at such a distance.