Thread: Strikethrough option missing?

Strikethrough option missing?

At one time, not that long ago, the editing panel contained a strikethrough option; highlight a text string, select the icon, and voila, your text was shown as struck-through.

But it's gone. Any chance that could come back?

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post
    At one time, not that long ago, the editing panel contained a strikethrough option; highlight a text string, select the icon, and voila, your text was shown as struck-through.

But it's gone. Any chance that could come back?
    Even if it isnít, it is easy to do with bbcode.

Hereís the same text with noparse:

[s]Even if it isnít, it is easy to do with bbcode.[/s]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Even if it isnít, it is easy to do with bbcode.

Hereís the same text with noparse:

[s]Even if it isnít, it is easy to do with bbcode.[/s]
    Thanky...I figured the coding option was still available, I was just curious why the icon / function was removed from the Advanced editing panel.

Thanky...I figured the coding option was still available, I was just curious why the icon / function was removed from the Advanced editing panel.
    Ah. I looked at it more, and it is there, just not with bold, italics and underline. Look on the third line to the far right.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Ah. I looked at it more, and it is there, just not with bold, italics and underline. Look on the third line to the far right.
    Well that's just weird. I don't see any icons in that position; just a couple of blank spaces which (when clicked) offer to wrap tags around text. No sign of the strikethrough. Maybe it's a Chrome thing.

Yes, it looks like either a browser or OS thing. I get the same thing in Chrome, though I can see tooltips for the blank spots and the strikethrough works, it’s just that the icon is invisible, Firefox doesn’t show *anything* in the advanced editor for any icons, but I don’t feel like trying to troubleshoot that right now. [edit: Both of the above were on a laptop running Win 10]. However, on Safari on an iPad plus I see a large S with a line through it for strikethrough but next to it is a blank spot which when clicked generates “SUPER” codes. I’m guessing it’s written to some old standard that’s no longer supported or supported poorly.
    Last edited by Van Rijn; 2021-Apr-11 at 07:40 PM.

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Yes, it looks like either a browser or OS thing. I get the same thing in Chrome, though I can see tooltips for the blank spots and the strikethrough works, it’s just that the icon is invisible, Firefox doesn’t show *anything* in the advanced editor for any icons, but I don’t feel like trying to troubleshoot that right now. However, on Safari on an iPad plus I see a large S with a line through it for strikethrough but next to it is a blank spot which when clicked generates “SUPER” codes. I’m guessing it’s written to some old standard that’s no longer supported or supported poorly.
    Ah ha...well, I just had a RTFM moment. One of the "hidden" icons I mentioned above is actually the [.s] function. It's just not visible.

Live and learn.

Ah ha...well, I just had a RTFM moment. One of the "hidden" icons I mentioned above is actually the [.s] function. It's just not visible.

Live and learn.
    Interesting. I actually requested the button several years ago and a mod or admin added it for me. Odd that it's gone invisible. The other two invisible ones are both for superscript!

Let me test that it works...
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

We've got a custom definition for strikethrough, though the current version of vBulletin seems to have it built-in. I looked to see if I could tweak the editing buttons, but I couldn't find any settings for that.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.