Thread: Pants fitting

Pants fitting

My cousin took me out to get new jeans. We were in a hurry, so we just bought 36s (the size on my jeans that I already have was 36). I fit in these jeans fine, and I wash my jeans in hot water and dry them hot, so I would expect my old ones to have shrunk a bit.
    When I got home, they did not even come close to fitting...by about 3 inches.
    What happened?
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Who knows.
    Are they bigger or smaller than a correct fit?
    Have you checked the label and measured the waistband of the old and new jeans?
    Measured your own waist?

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mazanec View Post
    ...we just bought 36s (the size on my jeans that I already have was 36).... they did not even come close to fitting...by about 3 inches. What happened?
    You've been indulging?

You misread your existing jeans, which are actually 38s?

The Universe is contracting, but you're not participating in the contraction?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Denim stretches out when worn. I bought jeans that were so tight I could barely close the zipper. After one time wearing them, I needed a belt to avoid Vaudeville Syndrome.

Hot water is in my experience a limited solution, some waists never return to their original circumference... much like my own waist.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

I buy the same brand and the same size in two different colors. The blue always fit tighter than the black. Must be the dye.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Checked. Did not misread. I's probably stretching, I guess. I wore the old ones with a belt before, but gained about 20 pounds over the last few years. Still, it's surprising the new ones are that small.
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS