Thread: Gigawatt microwave oven

Gigawatt microwave oven

Would this cause a steak (or whatever) to explode? Like a steam explosion?
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Depending upon the orientation of the microwave's flux capacitor the steak may just disappear and end up on a 1955 dinner table.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    I am one of those who like to test, so I did microwave an egg and it did explode even though the egg chosen had a puncture hole. In a steak it would be mostly the water content that would turn to steam and explode. I also tested cold ice, ( no liquid water, ) and indeed it does not heat. For these experiments, a 600 watt microwave is scary enough!
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Don't Try This At Home

3.2 gigawatts!

You still can't get that at your local quckie mart. There are gigawatt + systems available. (It cuts thru jammn attempts just fne.) I saw a techy warm up a sandwich in one just fine at 1.5 gw. "One a thousand, two a thousand, three a thouand done." It came out steaming.