Thread: Barnard's Star has a sick sense of humor

Barnard's Star has a sick sense of humor

"Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Don't blame Barnard's Star for this. As William Shakespeare said "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves..."
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Oh, that is funny. For those not familiar, Bernard’s star had a very early (I think the first) claim of an orbiting exoplanet, which was found to be false before the real era of exoplanet discoveries started. Then there was another claim more recently, using modern techniques, but it turns out there were problems with that too, so again it appears false.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

From Wikipedia:

Metallicity 10–32% Sun[3]:820

It would be interesting to see what the planetary system of such a low metallicity red dwarf would be like.
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Well it's still a star, and stars are big. We know there are no large planets (Jupiter size) around it, but there's no reason earth-sized planets couldn't be.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.