Thread: China-Russia space cooperation

China-Russia space cooperation

"China, Russia's space programs to share space flight components - Russian agency"

https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/05...space-programs

Russia’s space authority will incorporate a Chinese superheavy launcher into its home-grown manned spacecraft for future moon-landing missions, a senior Russian official said.

Alexander Bloshenko, executive director of the state-backed space agency Roscosmos, said that in the future China and Russia would design technical procedures for their respective spacecraft to allow integration in future space missions.

“Both sides have agreed to incorporate Russia’s superheavy rocket with China’s human space flight as well as the other way round – incorporate China’s superheavy rocket with Russia’s manned carriers,” he said on Monday, according to Russian state-owned news agency Sputnik. China has not commented on the planned space cooperation with Russia.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

What do you think about this news? I believe that it doesn't matter which country will contribute into space exploration. I am impressed with nowadays achievments of humanity in cosmology and hope that in further future there will be much more discoveries, inventions and events that will be historical for all of us.

"Russia, Once a Space Superpower, Turns to China for Missions"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/w...sia-space.html

Sixty-three years ago, the Soviet Union put the first satellite in space. Nearly four years later, it sent the first man into orbit, Yuri Gagarin. It fell behind NASA in the space race that followed, but even after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia remained a reliable space power, joining with the United States to build and operate the International Space Station for the last two decades.

Now, the future of the Russian space program rests with the world’s new space power, China.

After years of promises and some limited cooperation, Russia and China have begun to draw up ambitious plans for missions that would directly compete with those of the United States and its partners, ushering in a new era of space competition that could be as intense as the first.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

"A shifting balance of space cooperation?"

https://www.thespacereview.com/article/4197/1

For nearly three decades, cooperation in human spaceflight has been defined by the partnership between the United States and Russia in the International Space Station program. After the end of the Cold War and the collapse of the Soviet Union, the US brought Russia into its space station program with the goal of keeping Russia’s space program engaged in peaceful endeavors rather than producing missiles for Iran or North Korea. (It also had the benefit of providing a new justification for a space station program that, in the US, was facing threats of cancellation.) For better or worse, the two countries have worked together, along with Europe, Japan, and Canada, to build and operate the ISS to this day.
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

"Russia wants to send cosmonauts to China space station"

https://www.space.com/russia-cosmona...-space-station

Roscosmos is looking at ways to send its cosmonauts to the Chinese space station, launching from sites in either Russia or French Guiana.

During a press conference at the recently concluded Global Space Exploration Conference (GLEX) in St. Petersburg, Russia, on June 15, Dmitry Rogozin, director general of Roscosmos, revealed that Russia is in discussions with China about crewed flights to the Chinese space station.

Rogozin, in response to a question from Aviation Week about potentially launching cargo or crew to China's new orbital outpost, said, "We are planning to send our astronauts to the Chinese station."
    I am because we are
    (African saying)